So I was trying to figure out what I can use my Storm1 for after I have upgraded to some more contemporary device like a Nexus One or a HTC Incredible or an Iphone or something.

So assuming I do not have a contract and no connection to a carrier what can I still use the Storm for?

- I think I can still play music from it and load music from my PC to it.
    - I should still be able to play any game tat is loaded on it that does not require a connection.
    Might be hard to load any games on it after not having a connection.
    - I could write notes on it but not sure whay I would want to.
    - Contacts I guess but why as you can not use them for much
    - Calculator still works
    - Maye clock if it does not need a signal to work
    - As a Level
    - Camera - not very good but should work
    - Video Camera - not too good but should work
    - voice note recorder
    - Toy for grandson if I ever get one

Can no longer use it for:
    - SLacker
    - weather
    - Navigator
    - BBmaps - I think it needs connection for the map
    - Google maps - needs connectio for maps
    - GPSed - I think it needs connection for maps
    - email - needs connection obviously
    - facebook
    - Clock - May need signal to work?
    - youtube - nope

Well it looks like there may be some uses.

I think the best would be as a music player for the car. Just load it up with stuf on the 16 GB card and leave it connected to the car.

Most of these things above I assume my new device would be able to do and would already be with me so why bother with the old Storm?

But the music player for sports or outside yard work or in/near the shower or in an old car might be the best use.

Any other ideas for an old Storm with no Connection or service agreement?
    03-31-10 05:56 PM
    Well it looks as though you have answered your own question. However you can do all that stuff with PC so I really don't see what good it would do you.

It does look like it has served you well up until now if you are still using it.
    03-31-10 06:01 PM
    Well the difference in the PC and the Storm1 is the Storm1 is mobile and can be used anywhere.

The level would be hard to do on a PC.

The storm1 was OK. But the memory issues having to do battery pulls frequently is a pain.

And it does not work real well as a phone. Most recieved calls, well about 50% of them have to redial or I have to call them back as it just looses call or hangs up when I answer it either with the Green answer buttun or the Screen ANSWER button.

And people complain that they can not hear me very well sometimes.

But it has been OK. Hardwarewise it has been good. No real issues other than the camera does not work well in low light and the video camera did not work from Dec 2009 to August 2009 as a result of the software update. After teh August update it worked well again other than the lack of free memory.

But I was trying to think of things that it could be used for and would have some benefit to me other than just another unsed phone laying around.

I
    03-31-10 06:38 PM
    Well, if you get the Nexus One or HTC Incredible I would keep the storm 1 just in case you ever travel out of the country. Neither of those are "world phones". I am seriously considering both of those phones as my next one and it's kinda disappointing that they both don't have a SIM slot I'm guessing that I'll take my next phone overseas with me and use it's wifi connection where available and use the Storm for calling. I personally thing the Storm is great as a phone, probably one of the best for call quality and signal strength I've ever had.
    03-31-10 06:45 PM
    I like the idea of using it as a music player in the car.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 07:34 PM
    I use mine as a charger for an extra battery for my Tour and my Storm2. This is perfect for what I need it for.
    03-31-10 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD