Hi, currently an iPhone user and will be switching to a BB..not sure which one yet, but I will need to synchronize my e-mail, contacts, and calendar from my computer to BB and back.
    What software works to synchronize with. Currently using a Mac, but my work now uses Vista. I use gmail exclusively, mainly on line. Can I sync my online gmail e-mail, calendar and contacts with a BB or do I need to use Outlook or the BB desktop software???
    Thanks.
    Frank
    03-06-09 08:48 AM
    Try google sync.
    03-06-09 08:53 AM
    The desktop manager only works on a pc. As a Mac user myself, stick with google sync. Any media you want to transfer, just drag and drop onto your media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 08:57 AM
    P.s. Welcome to the other side!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 08:59 AM
    Thanks!!!
    Do you like your Storm?? It's one of the BB's I'm considering. I'm looking to go from iPhone/ATT back to Verizon. People here are talking about Niagara too that is coming out.
    Frank
    03-06-09 09:03 AM
    >>As a Mac user myself, stick with google sync. Any media you want to transfer, just drag and drop onto your media card.<<

Can I bring over my ringtones that I've made from Garage Band? I will probably use both the Mac and Vista (kinda fun), but I'd love to have some of my ringtones.
    Frank
    03-06-09 09:16 AM
    Can I bring over my ringtones that I've made from Garage Band? I will probably use both the Mac and Vista (kinda fun), but I'd love to have some of my ringtones.
    Frank
    Sort of. You'll need to convert them to mp3 format first, or if you create new ringtones with garageband, export them as song instead of ringtone and make sure they are saved as mp3's.

If you are exporting as ringtone from GarageBand it'll create .m4r files, which is the same as m4a (AAC - Apple's) format, which won't play on a BlackBerry.

So you will have to do a little work first.
    03-06-09 09:34 AM
    >>You'll need to convert them to mp3 format first,<<
    I popped in a cd that I have here at home into my Mac, changed the import settings in iTunes-preferences to mp3 and it worked. I then just dragged that file to the desktop so I have an mp3 file. Is that file now usable as a ringtone for a BB?? Or do I have to clip it in Garage Band??
    Thanks.
    Frank
    03-07-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD