I have been watching the stream of twitter messages for the term "blackberry storm" for a few days while I got ready to get one. Recently, I have noticed an awful lot of people tweeting their blog post saying "official verdict: storm sucks" or similar and in most cases it's just rehashing the same article on digg

Nearly all the complaints I've seen are about the keyboard which, given a bit of practice is infinitely superior to the one I was trying on the iphone. maybe people don't like suretype because they can't spell (they hate the t9 dictionary too!)

when I search about the android phone, I can't see any of these so called complaints.

is there some conspiracy where google is launching a digital attack from the flanks on the storm?
    12-05-08 09:49 AM
    i think the reason is because the G1 is not competing against the diehard apple fanboys.

Whenever ANYTHING new product is compared to an i***** the apple fanboys come out in huge numbers to flood the world with negativity toward the new product.

though the storm did suffer a HORRIBLE launch, the new update has improved its performance 100X's but the problem is the reviews are already in based off the OG software.
    12-05-08 10:08 AM
    What is with the amount of people who keep posting this crap? Who gives a gerbil's arse what OTHER people think? It's real simple: What do YOU think? Do YOU like it or not? If yes, be happy and stop worrying about what other people say. If no, then go find something you do like and stop cluttering up forums with posts like this.

I think the Storm is good overall. It's not without some problem areas, but it's pretty good. So what if the UI is a little laggy? In our increasingly "on the go" society no one takes the time to stop and appreciate the little things anymore. We're always rushing from one thing to the next, and it's not healthy. If the phone takes a second or two to switch to landscape mode while you're getting ready to write a text or email, think of it as some time to mentally prepare what you want to say, instead of some stream of consciousness garbage. If the phone app takes an extra second or two to come up, it's time to prepare mentally for what you want to say to the person whom you're calling. It's just a matter of finding something productive to do with that time, even if it's just noticing the world around you for a few seconds at a time.

I like the Storm overall. It could use some work, but it still works well for me. I needed a better calendar than my Dare offered, the Storm delivers that, and a whole lot more. And while the UI might be laggy, I'm rarely selecting something I didn't mean to with my Storm. That was a constant struggle with my Dare, even after the improvements made in the V05 firmware. I don't see myself giving up my Storm, so I don't give two craps what other people are saying, be they professional reviewers or ***** bloggers who seem to be under the mistaken impression that people give a crap what they think.
    12-05-08 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD