With all the excitement about screens, GPS, etc? I do not want to ignore my primary purpose for a phone and I have heard that other BlackBerry's have excellent call quality, which is what led me here to begin with. The Storm will be my first "more than a phone" purchase.

So, does anyone know if it will live up to the BlackBerry call quality?

Thanks, Dave
    10-05-08 09:10 PM
    With all the excitement about screens, GPS, etc? I do not want to ignore my primary purpose for a phone and I have heard that other BlackBerry's have excellent call quality, which is what led me here to begin with. The Storm will be my first "more than a phone" purchase.

So, does anyone know if it will live up to the BlackBerry call quality?

Thanks, Dave
    It wouldn't be a Blackberry if it didn't. The call quality is perfectly fine on the 9500.
    10-05-08 09:12 PM
    Excellent! I had demo'ed one of the original Iphone's, and the volume was not loud enough. I thought, what a totally stupid problem to have.

ATT is not so good around me, plus, it was Apple (I am known for not being an Apple guy and was trying to have an open mind) so I took it back and paid the 10% fee. I did not bother trying the Iphone 3G, and then when I saw the Storm, I became caught up in the wave.
    10-05-08 09:24 PM
    I'm also anxious about the speakerphone. On my Curve people tell me that I sound as good on the speakerphone as I do with any headset, or even on the phone itself.
    10-05-08 10:00 PM
    It wouldn't be a Blackberry if it didn't. The call quality is perfectly fine on the 9500.
    Glad to hear that it won't suck like the 8830 does. I guess they left that one off the "Wouldn't be a Blackberry if it didn't" list.

Here's a couple of questions. Does it have stereo speakers like the 8830 does? Is the speakerphone nice and clear?
    10-05-08 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD