Well after it loaded the software on the reboot I got the "Reload Software 507" error.

I tried doing the restore shown on the pinstack website to no avail. Did the restore process that was noted here on crackberry and got it to work but there was some VERY large difference.

The battery needs to be before you try ANY restore. I am not sure if the screen requires more power or what. Once I did that it restored just fine. I am not waiting for the long reboot after a normal update.

I will update the thread with the results when finished.
    11-30-08 01:04 AM
    11-30-08 01:08 AM
    Oh ok....well it update to 75 so I just need to do all the annoying stuff and go from there
    11-30-08 01:11 AM
    Mine bricked the first go round as well. I noticed some timeout issues when the phone rebooted. I had to unplug the USB several times during the update so the phone would power back on and the update finished. The second update worked great. I restored and almost everything was there. I forgot to backup my third party apps, OOPS.
    11-30-08 10:23 AM
    mine bricked the first round.. it wasnt hard to fix though.. heck just pulling the battery and reloading the OS was cake.. how ever just like geekster i forgot to save my 3rd party apps so i had to re-install them
    11-30-08 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD