So...after I upgraded to .90 my keyboards started acting funny. I my options I have my Storm set to show the SureType keyboard in portrait mode. It works just fine but for some reason when I use the browser it defaults to Multi-Tap. Anyone else seen this???
    01-26-09 07:56 AM
    yeah i have been getting that too, it is annoying. Anyway I can't wait for the next fix of crack I mean leaked update so we can fine more new odd things that get messed up when they fix one thing.
    01-26-09 08:07 AM
    yea ii noticed that too. But honestly its a small price to pay now that mah vibrate profile is finally working the way its supposed to (idk if this was fixed in previous OS's because i leaped from .75 to .90)
    01-26-09 08:15 AM
    This was happening to me too. I did a battery pull and it went back to normal but unfortunately - the fix was temporary. It still does it sometimes and I just have to keep pulling the battery. Haber's right - it it kind of annoying.
    01-26-09 08:15 AM
    This was happening to me too. I did a battery pull and it went back to normal but unfortunately - the fix was temporary. It still does it sometimes and I just have to keep pulling the battery. Haber's right - it it kind of annoying.
    Thanks - I noticed that too when I did a reset. I realize it's a small thing but it's driving me BATTY!
    01-26-09 08:17 AM
    yup same here and its annoying
    01-26-09 08:41 AM
    I think it's a "feature" they're toying with, though I hate it. I noticed it only comes up as multi-tap in fields where normal words are not typical. Like when entering a web address or when entering a name in Word Mole. It knows it's in multi-tap mode because the menu key brings up an "enable suretype" selection, but it does not do anything.

What makes me think that it's a "feature" implemented on purpose... if you go to the browser's main page, when in the web addres field it pulls up multi-tap and when in the search field it goes back to SureType.

I hope all the real beta testers disliked that "feature" and it goes away. People who prefer multi-tap have the ability to enable it as default. People who prefer SureType obviously know how to use it properly.
    01-26-09 09:42 AM
    Good points. I hadn't even noticed the search feature defaulting back to SureType. I agree and hope they disliked it.
    01-26-09 09:45 AM
    It does show up differently in some places for me still, but I got it to work right in most cases. To "fix" it, I went into screen/keyboard options, change the protrait keyboard to multitap, saved, went back in and changed it to suretype. That took care of the problem in most cases like I said and now it only appears in multitap when it thinks it's the right keboard choice.
    01-26-09 09:47 AM
    I think it's a "feature" they're toying with, though I hate it. I noticed it only comes up as multi-tap in fields where normal words are not typical. Like when entering a web address or when entering a name in Word Mole. It knows it's in multi-tap mode because the menu key brings up an "enable suretype" selection, but it does not do anything.

What makes me think that it's a "feature" implemented on purpose... if you go to the browser's main page, when in the web addres field it pulls up multi-tap and when in the search field it goes back to SureType.

I hope all the real beta testers disliked that "feature" and it goes away. People who prefer multi-tap have the ability to enable it as default. People who prefer SureType obviously know how to use it properly.
    Agreed, multi-tap is very annoying...
    01-26-09 09:52 AM

I think you're implying that anyone that prefers multi-tap doesn't know how to use sure type properly. I use both and can probably out type you with either, Quick Draw. But I like this feature because multi-tap is quicker and more accurate in web addresses.

Wanna bet Mr Arrogance?
    01-26-09 10:52 AM
    I think you're implying that anyone that prefers multi-tap doesn't know how to use sure type properly. I use both and can probably out type you with either, Quick Draw. But I like this feature because multi-tap is quicker and more accurate in web addresses.

Wanna bet Mr Arrogance?
    Relax. I don't think that's what he was saying at all. some people just plain like SureType - not because they're stupid or can't figure it out - they just prefer other methods.
    01-26-09 11:09 AM

Wanna bet Mr Arrogance?
    As far as typing speed goes compared to yours, I couldn't care less. I think my 100% accuracy at 105 wpm on a regular computer keyboard and 60wpm+ on the storm are fine enough for me.

Your inference on what I posted is not only unfounded by what you quote, but it's also completely incorrect. quite literally what I stated is: People who prefer SureType would know how to use it properly.

From that statement you could probably infer: People who don't know how to use SureType properly may prefer other methods of text input.

Or even perhaps: People who know how to use SureType properly may still prefer other methods.

Not only did your inference skip a few steps along the path of logic, but you also took offense based on your faulty inference. For that I think your reaction is out of bounds.

Nowhere did I imply anything that could be taken as offensive. It's a shame you did take offense to my statement as opposed to choosing to get along with your online community.

p.s. I have no problems with accuracy of Web addresses when using SureType.
    Last edited by bobaloo; 01-27-09 at 02:17 PM.
    01-27-09 02:09 PM
    I keep getting the Multi-tap instead of the "SureType" (which I have selected as the default in portrait) and I absolute DETEST it.

I selected "SureType" on purpose and that's what I want. I thought I had fixed it, but it just keeps coming back.

If this is a "feature" they can have it. If I want the 'option' to get a different keyboard, that's one thing, but I've made the conscious decision of which one I want...

If I need something "oddball" that's hard to get in "SureType" I flip the phone on its side and just use the full KB.
    01-27-09 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD