Today the weirdest thing happened to my storm and i was wondering if it has happened to any of you guys.

So I was texting my friend and after it sent, my screen sort of split. Basically the screen shifted like 25% over. what was suppose to be on the right side was showing on the left side.

I just drew a picture on paint really quick to try and show what happened. (my art is amazing right??) Imagine the X being in the center of the screen

It wouldn't go away until i did a battery pull. I'm running .75 btw.
    Last edited by vstro24; 03-27-09 at 06:35 PM.
    03-27-09 06:31 PM

That is an AWESOME sketch!

It was probably just an OS glitch. I personally feel that you should upgrade your OS for everythign to run smoother and faster. .109 or .113 are my top suggestions. I am running .113 and its great.
    03-27-09 06:33 PM
    I was going to upgrade to the hybrid but I'm afraid that I'd mess something up. My phone is really important to me lol.
    03-27-09 06:36 PM
    WOW! Amazing artwork I had this happen to me about 3 hours ago and I'm running .113 so its just an OS issue.
    03-27-09 06:38 PM
    Well, if you read the steps and follow them it really isnt that hard at all.

If you dont want to risk piecing a hybrid together, do the .113 or .109.
    03-27-09 06:39 PM
    Nice Art, My 2yr old daughter drew a picture of my phone that looked just like that....... actually hers looked a bit better haha jk
    03-27-09 06:42 PM
    Nice Art, My 2yr old daughter drew a picture of my phone that looked just like that....... actually hers looked a bit better haha jk
    Burn! I liked the artwork actually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 06:44 PM
    Hold on a second!

Maybe its not an OS issue at all! Maybe its because the right side of your phone is a whole lot larger than the left....

03-27-09 06:44 PM
    Don't fear the update! Go west, young man!

I, like you, had an enormous fear of bricking my phone until I finally manned up and went from .75 to .109. It's smooth. It's easy. Be patient. It WILL work. Trust me. Take courage in the fact that updating to a leaked will be the exact same process as when they update to an official (not counting over the air, of course). I've since done several other OS updates and even got bored one day, did a wipe with JL_Cmndr and put a brand spankin' new version of .113 on the phone.

Trust me, you will be SO much happier once you do. It's incredibly simple. You won't brick it and even if you do, there are plenty of instructions to completely wipe and reinstall. .113 is smoother, faster and significantly more user friendly. I can't stress it enough. I was once like you and things have gotten much better since. The phone is so much better. Plus, everything makes noise now! Even the snapple cap app!

This place will take care of you and if you fear you did something wrong just post looking for help or search the forums and the answer will present itself. Best of luck and don't wait around on .75 for something official to come out.
    03-27-09 06:46 PM
    That happened to me on Sunday and then my screen died! I thought a battery pull would fix the problem but no good. I took my phone to a Verzion store and they verified that the screen was black. I received my replacement on Wednesday.
    03-27-09 06:49 PM
    something like that happened to me like an hour ago... and im on .113.

i was on opera mini and went to scroll and the top of page became the middle, the top was the bottom and the bottom was the top... i closed out of opera and my applications menu was like that too.

battery pull and all is ok now
    03-27-09 06:50 PM
    Just a suggestion as I am sure you guys are all well aware, the App Mem serves as your phones "RAM". If its too low your phone will run choppy and certain app, such as browsers will have a difficult time rendering the pages you are looking at.

At a certain point it will slow down the OS and things will start to glitch. If you notice your phones becoming choppy and odd thigns start happening, check you Application Memory and see where its at. Best way to restore the memory is a battery pull or use QuickPull.
    03-27-09 06:53 PM
    Weirdest bug I've seen is a cockroach

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 06:58 PM
    lol! The sketch reminds of the leprachaun deal

Anyways, I've had this bug too. I usually get it on the apps screen in landscape. Randomly the top 15% of the screen will go to the bottom and the rest is above the normal position.
    03-27-09 07:10 PM
    lol so many dang bugs on this phone. i hope they release the new OS soon!
    03-27-09 07:20 PM
    i should set that as my default background picture
    03-27-09 07:31 PM
    Hate to say this but i have found that this occurs more often in my case since upgrading / downgrading to 113. That being said, its a small price to pay for the benefits I have seen on 113.

cheers
    03-27-09 07:43 PM
    lmao, it looks like my artwork is getting admired nicely But I'm glad that I'm not the only one though who got this bug. I think I'm going to upgrade tonight, it looks easy enough.
    03-28-09 10:38 AM
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one who had this glitch. And, as always, the users of these forums have come through and helped me out!
    04-04-09 08:51 PM
    So ironic... this JUST happened to me this morning. I had never seen it happen before. It was a pain in the b-u-t-t! I usually use SoftReset to reset my phone, and you should have seen me trying to get the click just right so I wouldn't have to take the case off my phone to access the battery. Ha ha ha! The reset fixed it... but it IS weird when it happens!
    04-04-09 08:56 PM
    I have also had this problem lately.. when i got the storm thou nothing no problems.. but lately.. man i been getting that.. and also it goes to the dial pad and there is a "G" showing instead of a number.. and it does this on its own.. weird.. i should take a pic of it when it happens again..
    04-04-09 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD