So my storm(5 months) has worked mostly ok other than memory leaks, intermittently unresponsive interface at times, using a paper to improve the screen click, and a one time(so random) necessary adjustment to realign the buttons.

My battery ran low(red) today while it sat in my car searching for service. I charged it for a half hour in the car and then plugged it in when I got home(for a few hours). It showed a charge, I can't remember how much. I went to put it in its holster(I usually push it in half way before going to sleep as it doesn't fit all the way when it is plugged in). I accidentally turned on google earth(saw the screen go white as GE was loading just before it went black due to standby) as I was shoving it into the holster. And Of course it went into standby with the screen off as it does when going into the holster. I kinda thought... oh, this will probably crash the phone... I pulled it out after a few seconds and it was off. It wouldn't respond. It was giving the red light to blank white screen with battery charging symbol. Battery pulls didn't help. So I did some forum searching and determined that I should just leave it plugged into the wall for a while. It only took about 5 minutes for it to come back to life.

It is just weird that it showed it had a charge. I have been lax about plugging it in to the wall(normally I do every night), and have been mostly using my computer and car to charge it for not so long periods of time over the last week. It seems that the moral of the story is that the battery charge indicator is not accurate and that the wall charger works best. The phone should always be charged for an overnight comparable length of time every few days too maybe. Don't let it run low for too long.

It is just suspicious that the whole -going to standby while simultaneously starting up google earth- thing happened. GE is a pretty cpu/memory intensive app I think. Could this have contributed to the crash? Or is it pure coincidence? Anyone else have stories of similar crashes when the battery indicator showed a decent charge?

Well... the bottom line is to leave your phone alone and plugged into the wall for a considerable period of time undisturbed if it wont turn on or appears dead.

I'll be real sad if the thing ever crashes and I have to get a replacement. I really like the way I have my apps and OS set up(.148). I would hate to have to go through the reinstall... I guess its about time for another bbsak app backup.
    12-07-09 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD