i'm new to the whole blackberry scene =) and was wondering if there's a way to just get the 'inbox' of gmail , i have a bunch of e-mail (mostly spam) set to delete, and it auto deletes them/moves them on diff folders , but the blackberry catches all of them. So i have like 25+ mails every few hours -_- which is a rather pain.

anyway to only get certain mails ? so i don't get spammed so much? thanks a lot for your help

-Cherie
    02-14-09 04:40 AM
    I think this is a problem with the way google does mail. They don't have folders like other webmail. They have labels. They don't truely 'move' those messages, they just label them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 05:29 AM
    Make sure you have set up BIS to use the Gmail account specifically, or that you use IMAP.

Alternatively, set up filters in your BIS web site.
    02-14-09 05:32 AM
    I guess we should start with how do you have Gmail set up? It sounds like you are just using the BIS email system. If so, I recommend that you download the Gmail app: Google Mobile - Gmail and use the IMAP version. That way the folders all match what is online, inbox is inbox and spam/filtered mail is sent to the folder you want it in.
    02-14-09 06:48 AM
    Not sure what you mean but I am using IMAP (no gmail app) and none of the spam messages are received on my BlackBerry, just what's in the inbox. Having said that, gmail sucks, e-mail reception is so delayed on the BlackBerry. Some people claim it is fine while many others have the same problem I do. I have a paid provider setup using IMAP and it works flawlessly as do yahoo and hotmail from what I hear.
    02-14-09 09:16 AM
    Hey, don't listen to any of these folks. I use gmail/google apps for several business email addresses and they all receive mail in real-time with no delays. There's a quirky way you have to set it up but once you do, you're gravy!

Here's how:
    BlackBerry Storm Wiki: Set up Gmail IMAP

I've been using it setup like this flawlessly. Only caveat is if you read or delete on your BB, then it does the same thing to the online account, but not vice-versa. True IMAP will be implemented in the upcoming update for BIS.

If you store your contacts in gmail/google apps and manage your calendar there as well, you can also download google sync which will keep your BB synced with gmail/google apps calendar and contacts.

Hope this helps...
    02-14-09 11:57 AM
    Make a new gmail that you have push to your phone forward the inbox to the new account.

02-14-09 12:57 PM
    You can "hide" sent messages under message options. Then you can go to "view folder" for sent sms/mms if needed

02-14-09 01:42 PM
    [QUOTE=doughdaddy;1676523]I guess we should start with how do you have Gmail set up? It sounds like you are just using the BIS email system. If so, I recommend that you download the Gmail app:

doughdaddy,
    After setting up the IMAP version, should I delete the BIS connection?
    02-14-09 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD