I have my phone set to get its time from the Network, but if I travel across different time zones my Storm's clock does not update to reflect that as it did with my previous cell phones. Is there a way to make it do this automatically?
    12-15-08 12:44 PM
    Hrm, I'm not 100% sure but if you have it set for "network" then the phone should change the time automatically by seeing that you are on a tower in a different timezone.
    12-15-08 12:46 PM
    Explanation: BB's Implementation of Time Zones
    Last edited by sunkast; 12-15-08 at 12:53 PM.
    12-15-08 12:47 PM
    My 8830 Blackberry (World Edition) always had the saem problem - I never could figure it out. You'd think that a WORLD phone would seemlessly switch over when in new time zones - all my other non-Blackberry device phones had no problem with this in the past!

I'd love to hear an answer to this so I can update my Storm - which by the way is a POS!!!
    12-15-08 12:49 PM
    To my knowledge, no Blackberry has ever had that capability. Therefore, there's no automated way to do it.
    12-15-08 12:50 PM
    thanks for the link, sunkast! i'm assuming then after reading that i'll need to manually update the current time zone when i travel if i want the phone to reflect where i currently am, correct?

the treo 650/missing sync combo i switched from had an interesting way of dealing with the same issue... the phone would reflect the time zone change, but in the calendar view it would show the reflected change in appointment times by labeling them with the time zone they were created in so that you knew they originated differently. that would be a cool update to the blackberry os if they were able to deal with that in a similar way.

thanks again for the replies-
    Last edited by RenaissanceMan; 12-15-08 at 01:03 PM.
    12-15-08 12:59 PM
    I read the explanation, but I think it should show the time in the timezone you are in. On my prior phone, Treo 700p, when the plane landed and the phone was turned on, it showed the correct local time. When I returned home it would revert to that timezone.

In fact, on the Storm, the network time does show the correct timezone you are in (I just returned from a location in a different timezone) in the date/time options but the Storm time still shows the local zone where it was set (ie: Eastern Time) unless you manually tell it to change.

IMO, there should be an option to maintain the time zone from the network wherever the phone is located at that time.
    12-15-08 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD