Does anyone know if there is a way to change the number of rings for the ringtone selected for incoming calls? In other words, I don't want the time in between each ring to be as long as it is now... It's only ringing twice before the phone goes to voicemail right now. I poked around in the custom ring settings but didn't see a parameter for this I could modify. Thanks!
    12-20-08 09:02 AM
    I wish it could be done, but that's determined by Vzw and can't be changed.
    12-20-08 09:16 AM
    call verizon and ask them to change the number of rings before it goes to voicemail. thats what i did and my phone rings a lot longer now. it takse 40 sec brfore going to voicemail
    12-20-08 09:58 AM
    You are asking about the ringing you hear, not the ringing that the person calling you hears, right?

The problem is there is a pause before it starts ringing where it would vibrate, then it rings, then pause where vibrate would be, etc. so it takes a long time. If you get a longer ringtone, it will play longer. Something like this, 30 seconds of ringing, before it would start over.
    http://home.bak.rr.com/dosswelcome/m...ssring8970.mid

There was a post here a few weeks ago about it, but I can't find it atm.
    12-20-08 10:25 AM
    I found that when I changed it from "ring/vibrate" to only "ring" that the ringtones I had set will play the entire time now. I was going to call Verizon about it but decided to try this first and it worked. This worked for my default ringtone as well as those I set for certain contacts. Hope this helps.
    12-20-08 10:40 AM
    I found that when I changed it from "ring/vibrate" to only "ring" that the ringtones I had set will play the entire time now. I was going to call Verizon about it but decided to try this first and it worked. This worked for my default ringtone as well as those I set for certain contacts. Hope this helps.
    Hey, thanks for the replies, y'all!

Looks like this will work as a solution for me... If I turn the vibrate function off it seems to wait less in between rings, which is what I was hoping for. Thanks for all the help-
    12-20-08 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD