whether it be a text email or BB message, It freezes the movie then it takes forever for it to go back to the movie and hit play.

does this happen to anyone else? I just got my storm about 2 weeks ago and im really thinkin about taking it back and getting another Blackberry.

The lag is just to much for me to handle. I dont get it. this phone could be the killer of all phones and teh lag just kills all the hopes for this phone
    03-18-09 01:24 PM
    if you're watching a downloaded movie (not streaming) you can turn mobile connections OFF.

i do this sometimes when i am listening to the MP3 player.
    03-18-09 02:26 PM
    if you're watching a downloaded movie (not streaming) you can turn mobile connections OFF.

i do this sometimes when i am listening to the MP3 player.
    This is true, but why should he have to kill his phone just to enjoy a movie or listen to a mp3. I am sure this issue will be addressed when the Gold Code is released. I don't think this is a issue with the hybrid .114 . I will check and return when I get another break.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 03:06 PM
    Make sure your ring-tone or alert-tone is not stored on the same media as your movie.

For example store your ring tones on the phone memory, and your movie on your 8gig MicroSD card.
    Last edited by p08757; 03-18-09 at 03:18 PM.
    03-18-09 03:15 PM
    I'm on .75 and it has always done that...When I'm listening to my music it notifies me when I receive an sms or email or whatever. Just a short beep then right back to my music. I personally like that feature so I know when people are trying to get a hold of me instead of just rocking out to some tunes and not even knowing I'm getting text. Also when watching movies it is the same way. Pauses the movie alerts me of the message then I hit play and start watching the movie again. My phone doesn't lag at all when this happens it is actually a pretty short delay. And as for the phones lag in general I'm sure it will be decreased when the next official upgrade is released. I really think people are a little over critical of the phone lag on the Storm. Even my girls iphone has lag when switching between apps and screens. Hers freezes sometimes also but the only difference is I can at least take out my battery to reboot it.... Just a thought...
    03-18-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD