Ok, I have been on this Storm craze lately, I am really happy to find out that there are alot of options to put music on the Storm via Rhapsody or media sync with the included Rhapsody software. However, the Storm's screen is more tempting than my own HD tv. How do, or where, can I put HD movies on the Storm and take advantage of the beautiful screen fellow crackers?
    12-22-08 10:08 PM
    Just take your existing movies and encode them.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...n-howto-99653/
    12-22-08 10:12 PM
    Hate to burst your bubble but the storm won't take advantage of the HD in your HD movies. Not to say movies on the storm don't look great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 09:07 PM
    Hate to burst your bubble but the storm won't take advantage of the HD in your HD movies. Not to say movies on the storm don't look great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Just a follow up, I believe HD is classified by anything over 720 lines. The storm has 480. So if you want movies to look their best, use all 480 lines
    12-23-08 09:11 PM
    agreed.. now 480 lines on this screen DEFINITELY would give some the appearance of "HD". i assume thats more what the original poster intended. i mean think about it.. some 50 inch TVs only have 720 lines.. this little 3-4 inch screen....... 480. thats pretty sexy if you ask me
    12-23-08 09:28 PM
    Just a follow up, I believe HD is classified by anything over 720 lines. The storm has 480. So if you want movies to look their best, use all 480 lines
    The Storm technically is 360 in normal landscape movie mode, which is half the vertical resolution of 720. 720 and 1080 refer to vertical resolution, not horizontal. Storm's screen is 480w x 360 h (in landscape).

So to maximize your videos, make sure they all use 360 (vertical) and 480 (horizontal). But yes, I concur with the other posters... you won't see a diff with HD vs regular DVD downscaled to the Storm.
    12-23-08 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD