My screen clicking is gettting worse and worse and the phone itself is just slow. I tried all the remedies that you guys have posted here but its still pretty bad. I have absolutely no applications(besides quickpull) and its always slow.

with that said, do you guys think it is possible for me to complain about the clicking and slowness and possibly get a new or refurbished phone?
    Last edited by eevoh; 02-05-10 at 11:14 AM.
    02-01-10 07:38 PM
    If by that you mean fail in claim with your insurance, you should but they will get you in the line for at least 1 hour 30 min. so be ready, and have all the phone info, or not too honest but fail in a lost /stolen phone and get it faster. Anyways you have to pay the deductible.

(Friend of mine did that and got his new phone at next day)
    02-02-10 01:35 AM
    don't do anything that will make you commit fraud. Filing a fake insurance claim is fraud.
    If your device is under a yr old it will be under warranty. Go to a corporate store and have a tech look at it. quick pull does a light reboot. I take the battery out at least once a month for a reboot. And I do use quick pull daily.

Are you closing out of each application completely? leaving an app open can slow down the device.

Take my suggestion and have a tech look at it. If it repeats itself to them you will have a replacement phone.
    02-02-10 02:07 AM
    If you have TEC (Total Equipment Coverage) then I'm sure you can go the warranty route.
    02-02-10 12:28 PM
    I had the same problem that you mention with the storm i gave to my GF for christmas, What I did i back up only important data which was de Memo pad files and the Address Book, and then wiped the phone and did a update after that the phones was faster than when new and also i do a periodical cleaning of the phone from dust.
    That may work and yes as I mentioned Fail in a claim for lost/stolen phone is not honest but if you do have the TEC as "Tech_head" mentioned you should be fine to get the phone fixed/replaced.
    02-03-10 11:21 PM
    my buddy went through 3 storms and they just sent him a storm 2 as a fix whats up with that?
    02-04-10 07:22 PM
    i didnt purchase the insurance plan. all i have is the factory warranty and typing gets annoying when it doesnt register well... when i have time i will go to the store to get it checked out

thanks guys
    02-05-10 11:12 AM
    I was having a similar problem with my S1 last week and my memory was dropping like a brick in water. Barely had any apps and by midday my app memory was pretty much down to zero and my phone was lagging real hard. Brought it to my local VZW store and explained the problem. They suggested I try and use a stock theme as I was using a downloaded theme. They said try that and if I was still having the problem to come back. I waited a few days and went back because that didn't work. Long story short, they said they would give me a replacement and I asked if it could be an S2 and they said yes and shipped me a new S2 a couple of days ago!! It is AWESOME! So you may want to try your local store and ask. It worked for me! Good luck!
    02-05-10 11:27 AM
    I had the same problem that you mention with the storm i gave to my GF for christmas, What I did i back up only important data which was de Memo pad files and the Address Book, and then wiped the phone and did a update after that the phones was faster than when new and also i do a periodical cleaning of the phone from dust.
    That may work and yes as I mentioned Fail in a claim for lost/stolen phone is not honest but if you do have the TEC as "Tech_head" mentioned you should be fine to get the phone fixed/replaced.
    When you say 'fail' do you mean call, or perhaps mail? Is there a giant 'fail' key on your keyboard somewhere on the left side? maybe you are hitting it accidentally? Or maybe this is a practical joke by the moderators?
    02-05-10 11:49 AM
    keep us updated
    02-06-10 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD