You all have been a great help with my questions and I appreciate it thank you.

I was wondering about buying new or used storm. I ran into a few people who don't like the storm but don't want to pay the 35 restock fee or there past the return period and are wanting to sell or trade off the phone.

What I was wondering is if I buy a used storm from someone and there is a problem like dust under the screen the screen click issuse etc. Do I not get to exchange this like you do when it is bought from a verizon store.
    01-19-09 02:33 PM
    any help please
    01-19-09 03:16 PM
    I know that with Verizon, and assuming you pay the $5 a month for equipment protection, you should have no problems replacing the phone if it gets damaged. As far as a return policy for money back or a different phone I'm not sure.
    01-19-09 03:51 PM
    I'm not positive about this, but I am guessing no. It would still be covered under the 1yr. manufacture warranty, but no under the 30 return/exchange policy. If you get a nice rep, they MAY, let you trade the phone in towards the value of another phone. However I wouldn't guarantee that happening.

That is one of the big risks in getting it from a 3rd party. So I would say $35 restocking fee is nominal is the grand scheme of things. Also you are gonna pay more for the actual purchase price of the phone.
    01-19-09 03:52 PM
    I'm 99% positive the warranty belongs to the original owner, and is null and void if the phone is sold/transferred to another owner.

Pretty standard operating procedure on most electronics really.
    01-19-09 04:25 PM
    no I am looking if I buy a 3rd party phone and it has the issues people mention. All i want to do it be able to get an exchange for a storm
    01-19-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD