Basically, I am looking for opinions. Yes I know that I should make my own decision, but I haven't had any hands-on use with the phone and am looking for some input from people who have. I realize that it might be a little harder to type text messages and whatnot, I don't care about that. I mainly use the phone for its main purpose...a phone, and music in the car. So let me know what you think about making the switch. Thanks in advanced.
    08-11-09 01:18 AM
    Basically, I am looking for opinions. Yes I know that I should make my own decision, but I haven't had any hands-on use with the phone and am looking for some input from people who have. I realize that it might be a little harder to type text messages and whatnot, I don't care about that. I mainly use the phone for its main purpose...a phone, and music in the car. So let me know what you think about making the switch. Thanks in advanced.
    I came from an 8330 and I love my Storm. here is a learning Curve, No pun intended, but it is a great device. I would read through the OS, Tips and Tricks and all Storm threads and take the time to learn as much as possible before and of course after if you decided to make the switch.

Knowing what to expect and what you are getting into will help alleviate many issues. Having a good BB background is good to have too.

Hope this helps!
    08-11-09 01:23 AM
    The Storm has finally grow past its issues and you will be happy with the device. Go for it.
    08-11-09 01:27 AM
    I came from an 8330 and I love my Storm. here is a learning Curve, No pun intended, but it is a great device. I would read through the OS, Tips and Tricks and all Storm threads and take the time to learn as much as possible before and of course after if you decided to make the switch.

Knowing what to expect and what you are getting into will help alleviate many issues. Having a good BB background is good to have too.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you for your input. After doing some reading it seems that the revision of the Storm is coming out soon from Verizon. Of course, I am not going to be spending $599.99 on a phone (haha). But my every-two-tier comes up in March/2010. I don't know if I could actually get the Storm 2 for free or not, but now I have to factor waiting for that to come out versus getting the first version. Wi-Fi would be a killer improvement for sure...
    08-11-09 01:28 AM
    The Storm has finally grow past its issues and you will be happy with the device. Go for it.
    Due to firmware updates I am assuming?
    08-11-09 01:29 AM
    Due to firmware updates I am assuming?
    Yup. Kinda sorry i didn't keep mine but i'm getting a Storm 2 so no biggie.
    08-11-09 01:32 AM
    Thank you for your input. After doing some reading it seems that the revision of the Storm is coming out soon from Verizon. Of course, I am not going to be spending $599.99 on a phone (haha). But my every-two-tier comes up in March/2010. I don't know if I could actually get the Storm 2 for free or not, but now I have to factor waiting for that to come out versus getting the first version. Wi-Fi would be a killer improvement for sure...
    No worries man, my pleasure. Storm 2 should be out by end of November at the earliest I am assuming. It may be beneficial to wait till march to make sure all the kinks and bugs get worked out just in case. Thats what I did. I bought my Storm of Craigslist back in April but always kept tabs on the Storm forums here. You can find them fairly cheap now. I got mine for $250 and it was in great condition. That is one option to get your fix and hold you over till Storm 2 with your NE2. BTW, it wont be free, but you will get it for the subsidized price.
    08-11-09 01:36 AM
    No worries man, my pleasure. Storm 2 should be out by end of November at the earliest I am assuming. It may be beneficial to wait till march to make sure all the kinks and bugs get worked out just in case. Thats what I did. I bought my Storm of Craigslist back in April but always kept tabs on the Storm forums here. You can find them fairly cheap now. I got mine for $250 and it was in great condition. That is one option to get your fix and hold you over till Storm 2 with your NE2. BTW, it wont be free, but you will get it for the subsidized price.
    Well right now I can get a brand new Storm 9530 for $99.99 free over-nights shipping. But...I really love the design of the Storm 2 and the fact that it will have Wi-Fi which leads me to believe that hopefully the frame rate will be closer to that of the iPhones so when browsing webpages you can easily and quickly navigate through them. I noticed that on the curve my webpages are hard to navigate...kind of like loading pages in the old AOL in 56K...not to mention that while the pages are loading I can't move my cursor anywhere.

So narrowing it down its...
    A) Go with the Storm for $99.99 shipped & sell BB Curve so its basically free
    B) Wait for the completion of my NE2 cycle and see how much I can get off the Storm 2
    or I guess...
    C) Keep the curve

08-11-09 01:41 AM
    Well right now I can get a brand new Storm 9530 for $99.99 free over-nights shipping. But...I really love the design of the Storm 2 and the fact that it will have Wi-Fi which leads me to believe that hopefully the frame rate will be closer to that of the iPhones so when browsing webpages you can easily and quickly navigate through them. I noticed that on the curve my webpages are hard to navigate...kind of like loading pages in the old AOL in 56K...not to mention that while the pages are loading I can't move my cursor anywhere.

B) Wait for the completion of my NE2 cycle and see how much I can get off the Storm 2
    or I guess...
    C) Keep the curve

Honestly, I would look on ebay and/or CL and find one cheap so you dont mess with your NE2 and then just put a little cash aside here and there and by March youll have enough for the Storm 2 with your upgrade price. Sell your Curve also and you are good to go.
    08-11-09 01:57 AM
    I love my Storm! I think you could officially call me addicted because the past few days I found myself with a case of a sore/stiff neck and evidence of where this came from is pointing directly at use of my Storm - I have to find a better position for using it ... or give up the games .. something like that ...

I seriously don't think I could go back to a phone that doesn't have the screen real estate the Storm does. I don't do much in the way of typing on it so the fact I don't have a physical keyboard isn't all that important to me.
    08-11-09 02:52 AM
    Perhaps you should consider sticking with a keyboarded device, as this has been what your used to. A lot of people were unhappy with the Storm for just that reason. Maybe a Tour should be considered. The browser is fast, you get a ton of app memory, and the Tour is, in my opinion a superior device. Just my 2 cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 02:57 AM

or I guess...
    C) Keep the curve

I don't have any of the screen lag while loading pages on my Storm, if it helps. I live in central NY so maybe having decent 3G coverage helps. Good luck.
    08-11-09 07:44 AM
    I strongly suggest you get to a Verizon store and GET some hands on time.
    08-11-09 09:55 AM
    i Switched from the 8330 to the storm today and so far im not looking back on my choice i love the storm even though i paid full price i think it was worth it. texting isnt that slow. if you know how to use sure type keyboards. texting on the suretype in portrait mode for me is faster then texting in QWERTY on landscape. but yeah i love the choice. bettery life is... 6-7 / 10 not that great but everything else is good. just a little bit of lag.. most ive experienceed is when i had the web and texting at the same time..

and pictures on the storm = beutiful. i love the quality and the auto focus.

well i hope this made you want to get a storm.
    08-11-09 06:15 PM
    I really can't stand the lag on the storm. I really want a handson keyboard instead of this touch which can be quite annoying sometimes. I suggest you get the tour it looks and is awesome.
    08-11-09 10:19 PM
    Alright, so I took your advice and holy man...I LOVE THIS THING. I bought one on craigslist today for $130 with everything included. Pretty good deal I think. The only draw back was that the phone I bought had been put on the suspended list and I have to wait until August 20th to activate it. No biggie, I'll just surf through all the stuff the previous owner had on here. There are some pretty...interesting...videos on here I must say.
    08-11-09 11:31 PM
    Seriously just wait for the storm 2 to come out. It shouldn't be that long until the release

08-11-09 11:35 PM
    Seriously just wait for the storm 2 to come out. It shouldn't be that long until the release

I am, thats why I bought the storm. I am going to wait and use my NE2 to upgrade to the storm 2. I just wanted something touchscreen to tie me over until then.
    08-11-09 11:39 PM
    Get the Storm. Just make sure you download the .148/.151/5.0 OS. Anything less is uncivilized.

The bugs are gone for the most part. I dont miss wackwheels and small screens.
    08-12-09 01:44 PM
    I have a Storm. First BB and I love it. One of my users had an 8830WE, upgraded to a Storm and hated it. She went back to a Curve to get the keyboard back.
    08-12-09 02:31 PM
    Switched from Curve 8310 to Storm & LOVE IT.

Don't get me wrong here, the Curve was awesome too.

The Storm however, feels like a more professional/sophisticated device
    08-12-09 03:14 PM
    PUUUUSSSSHHHHH!!!!!!

Glad to see you got one! Welcome to the Storm family.
    Last edited by jiggaman2g; 08-12-09 at 03:29 PM.
    08-12-09 03:27 PM
    Is there a difference between the .148 and the .151? I heard that installing 5.0 messed up a few things like the camera and such.
    08-12-09 04:10 PM
    Yep storm is great storm 2............well wifi and more app mem other than that haven't seen anything imperssive, did I miss something? Same cam probly same chip set. Unless they put something much faster as far as chip set goes or implament graphics accl something that could be done to storm 1 with firm wear tweak I'm not sold on s2. Looks like just a way to keep it selling for thoses that didn't bite on storm 1. I need to see something big from rim as far as softwear or hard wear goes or this will be my first and last berry. I love my storm but see big things from sammy and htc and nothing from rim just more revisions of the same old stuff. I'm a tech head so I gotta stay top of the line and with the current hardwear its falling fast from the catagory.

08-12-09 04:16 PM
    Is there a difference between the .148 and the .151? I heard that installing 5.0 messed up a few things like the camera and such.
    I heard the same thing about 5.0 some love it some not so much. .151 tears .148 to shreds! Mind you .148 was good but .151 is GREAT! Makes the Storm a whole lot quicker and there are some effects when backing out of apps that are real bad a** too. Definitely give it a try.
    08-13-09 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD