Hey all,

So my Alltel plan is up and I really want to go to Verizon for the benefits and of course the Storm. I have never had a BB but have used my girlfriends, friends, etc. and don't particularly like the trackball, but like the BB features. I have read a number of reviews about the Storm. I enjoy the touch screen and can deal with the lag. My only concern is if in fact software updates will fix most problems.

I work at Best Buy and a friend is holding a Storm for me today and was thinking of going to pick one up and get a new plan.

Should I bite?

Thanks!
    11-28-08 11:38 AM
    **** yes! Do it! Getting used to a bb might take a little while, but you will be happy with it. Especially if you can deal with the lag for a little. I came from bbs and WinMo phones so lag is not a big deal at all haha

Do it! You'll love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 11:44 AM
    i advise against getting the Storm until the OS update is released. then you will know for sure what issues are fixed. there seem to be far too many issues on this device, both software and hardware.

you can always get aboard the bb ship with a curve and upgrade to the storm if/when the issues are resolved. the curve has a stable os, html email, docs to go, can stream youtube, etc. it's also at a very good price right now.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-28-08 at 11:49 AM.
    11-28-08 11:46 AM
    Why are you posting on here??? GET GOING!!! GO get your storm, I have had mine for a week now and LOVE it, you will not be disappointed, you are even going in with a good attitude. It is amazing, and YES updates will make it even better.

Get going, GO get your storm, post later and tell us how you like it...

GO!

Gromet
    11-28-08 11:46 AM
    Chrisy-

If he can deal with the issues, let him. The phone is really not that bad. Its not as fast as some of my bbs but its much better than ANY WinMo phone I've ever had.

Matt- since your contract is expiring, there is no better opportunity
    Hopefully you're on your way to BestBuy

11-28-08 11:51 AM
    Chrisy-

If he can deal with the issues, let him. The phone is really not that bad. Its not as fast as some of my bbs but its much better than ANY WinMo phone I've ever had.

i just advised to wait. that's my opinion since the OP stated, "My only concern is if in fact software updates will fix most problems."

i know i would not want to spend $200 on a device that was laggy and buggy out of the box.

With VZW you do have 30 days to return or exchange the device.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-28-08 at 11:59 AM.
    11-28-08 11:54 AM
    but now there's a $35 restocking fee when you return it, right?

So it just depends on whether the person wants to spend the extra $30.

Personally, I think the storm is worth it the way it is now. I'm having no problem doing anything I want, but I'm also not a tech-*****. I know how to make stuff work if I find a glitch.

Even if there were no patch, I'd still be happy with my Storm... but I know there will be updates, so it's all just icing.
    11-28-08 12:11 PM
    I got it... figuring this thing out as we speak!
    11-28-08 02:26 PM
    Hooray! How do you like it so far?

haha I was right when I said that hope you're on your way lol

11-28-08 02:28 PM
    I got it... figuring this thing out as we speak!
    Glad you got it! Since you've never had a BB before and really don't like the trackball, you may like the Storm. Just don't compare it to another BB and you'll be fine. I've been a long time BB user, and I've come to realize that it's not the best BB, but I like it.
    11-28-08 02:38 PM
    I see how some people have lag issues, but really its not too bad. The only thing I have seen thus far is restarting takes FOREVER. I think once I get the feel of the phone I will like it even more. For now, I feel a lot of the harsh reactions are a bit much (granted this is coming from a non-BB user before).

I will pile through the tips and tricks section of the forums and see what's going on, I'll keep you posted.

Great little community you all have here by the way.
    11-28-08 02:58 PM
    Great little community you all have here by the way.
    Welcome to it!
    11-28-08 03:00 PM

Should I bite?

Thanks!
    Do it!! There's no reason you shouldn't enjoy your first BB ownership experience with a Storm!

I'm keeping my Curve and waiting for the Javelin, but that's because I'm not into touchscreens. But it sounds like they're good devices. Make sure to find the thread that gives a fix for unreliable touch -- some ppl are putting business cards over the battery.
    11-28-08 03:02 PM
    Yeah we're a good community and friendly (mostly lol).

Keep us posted on your likes / dislikes, matt!

11-28-08 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD