Hello Crackberry world.

I got a Storm last Saturday. It worked beautiful until yesterday when it froze. In a amazing display of impatience I took it and used my 30 day exchange to get another Storm.

The Storm I got seems to be an older designed model where the best way I can describe it is by saying the keyboard is black.

If anyone has picked one up recently maybe your keyboard feature was blue like mine was. Also this Storm I have now the screen size looks different where as the one I had was bigger.

I want to try and get it exchanged for the version I had if anyone has the one with the blue keyboard can tell me what version of it it was if that is possible can be great.

I spoke with VZ and of course since I already used my 1 time thing they will need to take a look at it and to add insult to injury if they decide to listen to my pleas and let me exchange I will have to pay the $35 restock fee.

Any advice from you guys on how I should go about this? I was able to type much easier on the one I had as opposed to this one with smaller letter cubes so that is main reason I want to get that version of it back.

Thanks
    02-20-09 12:30 AM
    I have no idea how the screens would have been 2 different sizes, and the keyboard is black with a blue glow when tapped you sure the last phone was a storm lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 12:54 AM
    Ugh. Damn that restocking fee. I had to argue w/ CS on the phone to get it dropped last week. Whatever happened to customer choice?

Good luck w/ this.
    02-20-09 01:00 AM
    Yea positive it was a storm JT.

The keyboard was blue and looked much more spacious as in for you to type then this black one now.

Yea I will try my best though I am sure they will tell me no and tell me they are all the same versions.

I normally am a patient guy but what bums me is I ran out of patience fast and who knows if I will get that version of it back.

Oh well. Any more advice from others would be appreciated.
    02-20-09 01:27 AM
    I have only had my storm for a week. It was built on 01-14-09 and has a black screen that turns blue when you press it, the key board that is. Hope this helps.
    02-20-09 05:48 AM
    Yea positive it was a storm JT.

The keyboard was blue and looked much more spacious as in for you to type then this black one now.

Yea I will try my best though I am sure they will tell me no and tell me they are all the same versions.

I normally am a patient guy but what bums me is I ran out of patience fast and who knows if I will get that version of it back.

Oh well. Any more advice from others would be appreciated.
    you can return that one for the new one number of times in the first 30 days with out worry. I did 2 times in the first 30 days. In the first 30 days they will send brand new phone with everything. After that they still send the replacement handset without the battery or any thing. Just the phone (handset). I did this one for 2 more times. They did not charge me anything. I complained on the battery drain and memory leak still they want to test different handset only. Here they can send like new one. I spend about 1 hr last night with CS on this issue. They told me that they can send another handset only agian. The last handset has Storm imprinted on the scrrren with green color. I could not erase/remove this completely.
    Just keep asking them for these problems. May be one day they realize that this is the crappy phone (more hype) that they released too soon in to the market with out weeding some of the basic problems.
    Good luck and LOL.
    02-20-09 05:59 AM
    What you are describing is not possible. They are all the same. There is no two keyboards. You might want to take a picture or try describing it better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 06:30 AM
    The best way I can describe it is in two areas I suppose.

First the screen. The actual visible screen that shows the display ends about less then an inch before the hard keys.

The Storm I had previous took up the entire screen and ended where the hard keys began.

Second I would say is the keyboard feature when your typing.

The keyboard was actually blue and the letters were bigger as opposed to the black letters now and smaller keys.

I hope this makes it more understandable.

I do not have a picture to show sorry.

I think I will be met with a lot of WTF?? looks when I go to the store later LOL.

I will still try though. I feel stupid though ha.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
    02-20-09 08:32 AM
    Just wanted to update everyone.

I went to about 3 or 4 VZ stores and pretty much got looked at like I was on drugs.

Like the entire time I had the first Storm I purchased I spent eating shrooms or something.

No one had any idea of what I was talking about except 1 person who mentioned that I may have gotten a storm from the 2nd batch of storms that came out.

She was cool enough to look at a couple to see if she could find me the one I had but no luck.

She also said there was no way to find out which specific batch which store has.

Pretty much everyone else I went to said they only have 1 version of it.

Either they are all being told to push the original batch out and not push the second batch or I must have been in a drug induced stupor for the week or so I had the first Storm I picked up.

I am having a hard time typing on this one now as the keyboard is smaller then the one on the old one I had. I do wish I would have just waited it out.

I have pretty much tried all the stores I know off to see if I could get the Storm from the second batch.

I am trying to get used to it but it seems I will end up exchanging it for something else.

If anyone has any info on how I can get my hands on a second batch model which has a bigger screen display area which starts from the top of the phone and ends right above the hard keys and does not have that little black strip that you have on all your storms.

Also it has a blue keyboard which has letters in bigger cubes making for easy typing for me at least.

Any help is appreciated because I don't want to cancel my act or get another phone.

Thanks.
    02-21-09 10:47 AM
    My screen ends a quarter inch or so before the hard keys, what your saying is there are screens out there that end right up to the hard buttons?

Can anyone confirm this with a picture?

It doesn't really matter much to me, but if that is the case its probably why so many have dust under the screen and mine does not.
    02-21-09 10:57 AM
    Yes the one I had the screen went right up to where the hard keys where.

Screen being the display portion of it I mean. Not the black strip that is on all the storms now.

I am going to keep trying to find the storm I had. I have till March 14th to do the exchange thing again.
    02-21-09 11:07 AM
    so uhh you uhh got any of them shrooms left?
    02-21-09 11:27 AM
    Yes the one I had the screen went right up to where the hard keys where.
    So you're saying these:

are the "first" batch and there's a "second" batch out there with a bigger touchscreen than 3.25"? That's a 3.75" screen and quite a difference!
    02-21-09 08:14 PM
    My screen is the same, got mine first week of Jan.
    02-21-09 08:19 PM
    Yes JOD the keyboard looked exactly like that!!! I knew I was not on drugs!!

But I am on my 3rd storm now and it is the first batch model. I went to one store and got mad at left because I was being told it was up to the store managers discretion to see if they could trade in my defective storm for another or downgrade to different phone.

To add insult to injury I had to pay $35 for the restocking fee apparently for either switching to new storm or getting a different phone.

Also this all was only going to be possible if the manager felt like it.

I left got with customer service. They said it was total BS what the store people said and I went to another store and during my search for the original storm I had spoken to a nice lady at that store and she tried to find me that but it was not possible.

So I got another storm. It seems to work fine. It is not the one I had but I figure it is time to let that storm go LOL.

I have till the 14th next month to either switch to a diff phone or cancel my act with vz.

I am weighing my options as the days go. I have started just going in the memo pad and practicing typing.

Hey Jod thanks for putting the picture up. For the past week or so everyone I spoke with thought I was on drugs and I knew I wasn't paranoid!
    02-22-09 10:28 AM
    You do know that's in landscape mode. Are you comparing that to the keyboard in portrait mode?
    02-22-09 10:49 AM
    LOL wait what? The picture posted above does not show the actual usable screen going down to the hard keys, nor does it show a blue keyboard. But you're saying you keep getting Storms that don't look like that picture, which is somehow the ideal Storm that is in fact just like every other Storm? Whaaaat?
    02-22-09 11:21 AM
    My picture above shows the keyboard "not" extending all the way to the hard buttons. It's the same 3.25" screen that's in all the specification on the web everywhere.

If what you're saying is true, there's a phone out there w/ a 3.75" screen. IMO, that WOULD not be missed by engadget, boy genius, howard, or here, and I've seen nothing about it.

While most of us would love to have a screen that large, I just don't think that's going to happen in a "rev" update.
    02-22-09 05:04 PM
    Yes but your keyboard feature is blue right?

All I know is I was not on drugs the week I had that storm and somewhere out there I am sure there is one hiding or being hidden I don't fn know lol.
    02-22-09 05:36 PM
    Good luck...in case you have not noticed....customer service no longer exists...please press #1 for help!
    02-22-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD