Get a Storm off the internet and quit reading these forums. That usually is the issue with all my "wanting the next best thing".
    05-03-09 01:22 PM
    Remnant14:
    I've used the 8900, Bold and have a Storm right now. I actually think the Storm is pretty cool. I honestly got it because I could not help myself from going a head a try it myself. To be honest I dont know where all the horror stories come from, a haven't got any headache that the Bold have give me. I wont deny that having the physical Querty can not be beat by a touchscreen but saying that theres is tons of funtinallity that a trackball will never give you.
    I now that there is a few people that must have pretty awful problems with their stroms but I think that is one of those phones that people who like complaining about everything get, and instead of of getting rid of them they keep them so the can keep complaining.
    If you want to get the storm, get it on eBay try it and love it and keep it or hate it a get rid of it, that is sadly the only way to find out.
    Cheers.
    05-03-09 01:45 PM
    si the new storm goign to be as bad as this one.
    05-03-09 03:03 PM
    I do want to try out the Storm but then you know... as xxfire indicates... it's just a mess. I really like a touchscreen tech on the phone and I know I need a Blackberry handset which will provide me a good email support.

Still three full months to go until my next contract is renewable... what to do... what to do....

Thanks a bunch for sharing your opinions. The more I get the better decision I will come down to. I really appreciate it!
    1. The Storm isn't a "mess" its pretty damn good from the folks who have always made very business-like phones. For this good of an all around BB + great media support and touch screen... darn good in my opinion.

2. Does the OS .75 suck? YES. Does the hardware suck? NO. Grow some and download a beta OS. I'm using lyricidal's .141/5.0 hybrid and its FANTASTIC.

3. To make this kind of decision, go to the Verizon store with some time and stand there and play with the devices. Touch them, mess around with the menus, settings, whatever. See how they feel in your hand and what YOU prefer. No one can tell you what you like best.

I had Pearl's forever and thought the Storm was too big for my liking, but figured I had 30 days to exchange if I hated it... turns out I love it! The benefit of the large screen makes it all worth it for me. But maybe you love the tiny Pearl and decide that portability is best for you. You won't know until you try them.

P.S. I feel like I should say "that's what she said" for all of #3.

Good Luck!! And ANY BB is a good choice, just determine what features are most important to you!
    05-03-09 03:22 PM
    I
    lol....yeah.....we must all be trolls.....or......THEY are all in denial!!!
    The Storm sucks, and everybody that is objective, can NOT deny it....
    I'll admit it takes a lite patience to deal with the storm, but as long as you're not a spoiled
    little brat that wants everything NOW NOW NOW, after a few months of using it one gets better at typing on it and o
    ne learns to get all the little kinks out though upgrades amd what not...oh by the way I'm still n .75

Sh!t who am I kidding. This phone is a pain in the a$s to use
    Took me 10 minutes t write this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 05:39 PM
    I use a Storm for one business and a Curve for another, the Curve is like going back to the Caveman age after using the Storm. No idea why people say Storm is a "mess".

.75 was slow and buggy, but the leaked OS's fixed that. I have never had it freeze, or anything like it. As a long time Berry user every morning I wake up I do a bat pull. (Maybe thats why it never freezes, I dont know)

I think its a great phone, if your in business the I-Phone is not really an option anyways. The screens on the Bold and 8900 are just too small. Storm was the best of both worlds to me.

I'm actually faster on the Storm keyboard than I was on the Curve. I wouldn't listen to the naysayers, the Storms problems have been greatly exaggerated.
    05-03-09 06:06 PM
    I think you should wait a few months and then see what your choices are.
    05-03-09 06:34 PM
    guys,

thanks so much for taking your time to write on this thread. it means a lot to me. i feel very welcome and whatnot.

yes, financial is another factor of mine. i'm a graduate student, looking to graduate this winter. so, things are just falling into places. i'm sure money won't be an issue by August.

my current handset is a Krzr from Motorola. you'd know how much I hunger for a Blackberry or a smartphone with a great email/web feature. Oh, how i've longed for it...! Plus, my phone stopped recognizing the battery life right. It is very lost in its own digital world.

Anyway. Thanks so much for writing. I know it took some of you(slow thumbers ) almost 10-20 minutes to write. I really do appreciate that.

On that note, I think I will start working my way into getting the Storm at the cheapest price possible on eBay. The price goes from $290 to $400. So, I would camp it out for a week or two and get the best deal I can find. After that, I will, as many of you advised, get the Storm updated to the newest firmware out in the pirate ship. And enjoy it for 4 months until either the Tour or Storm2 comes out. Then, I'll have another moment of truth with options on my newly-bought table.

Thanks again, guys.

Feel free to make more suggestions. They do help a lot!!
    05-03-09 06:42 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD