I am eligible for a new device, my Pearl has been swapped out 5 times from 11/07-11/08. They have agreed to give me a Curve or 8830 WE, any ideas on how to get a Storm instead?

I am a Verizon VIP and all that jazz...
    11-17-08 10:37 AM
    Rip them a new one and tell them you want the storm straight up. you've had to deal with trading up a phone that many times and they wont let you pick a phone screw that
    11-17-08 10:39 AM
    Their argument was, "The replacement device is at the discretion of the store manager"
    11-17-08 10:40 AM
    I don't think they will give you a storm but **** try I would lol.
    11-17-08 10:40 AM
    Or just ask to pay the difference between the what they are offering and the storm.
    -Rik
    11-17-08 10:43 AM
    I am willing to pay something for it...
    11-17-08 10:43 AM
    It being up to the store manager is BS but if you do say i will pay the difference i want the storm, i dont see them saying no. Its sales and more money for them.
    11-17-08 10:46 AM
    You would have to wait until it comes out, thats probably the reason why they didn't offer it.
    11-17-08 10:48 AM
    Stand your ground and insist on a Storm. Remind them of the value of your business, and remind them of how your being a VIP shows that.
    11-17-08 10:52 AM
    I do not want to be difficult, I will make them aware I am willing to pay the difference, minus the $50 discount for being a VIP.
    11-17-08 10:53 AM
    Has anyone been able to use this "PAY THE DIFFERENCE" mode of exchange with VZW before?
    11-17-08 12:25 PM
    Has anyone been able to use this "PAY THE DIFFERENCE" mode of exchange with VZW before?
    I've been able to pay the difference before, because of having the same problem of swapping out phones too many times. That's because I hounded them about it, I refused to take what they were willing to give me and got wha I wanted. I say be persistant.
    11-17-08 12:41 PM
    I just thougt of something else to watch out for, with them just trying to shove a phone down your throat whos to say its not a refurbished one. I say fight for the storm
    11-17-08 12:45 PM
    It being up to the store manager is BS but if you do say i will pay the difference i want the storm, i dont see them saying no. Its sales and more money for them.
    If there's another store nearby, try going there instead. Maybe the manager of the second store will be easier to work with.
    11-17-08 12:57 PM
    Go in there and tell them what you want to do, paying the difference and all.

If they say no, claim your going to forgo everything and switch to AT&T to see if they have ACTUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE... etc etc

im positive they will let you before they send you down the road to switch carriers (especially being VIP and having dealt with all the previous bull%$#)
    11-17-08 01:01 PM
    I will do my best to end up with a Storm, but I feel like the Verizon Store CS is so ****ty, they will just tell me full price for a Storm.
    11-17-08 02:01 PM
    Im going through the same thing right now. This is my 5th pearl and something is wrong with it. Tonight im going onto the store and see if they do like Sprint and upgrade you to a nicer phone for free. If they wont let me upgrade to a storm for free I will let them know I will gladly pay something for the Storm as long as I can get something better then this crappy pearl. 2 other people I know of is having the same problem.
    11-17-08 04:13 PM
    Try calling CS. I have found them to be MUCH more helpful than the in-store reps.
    11-17-08 04:21 PM
    I was on the phone with CS when I got them to agree to a free curve. I think I will wait until Friday to press the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 04:51 PM
    I was on the phone with CS when I got them to agree to a free curve. I think I will wait until Friday to press the issue.

So have you tried in a store yet?
    11-17-08 04:55 PM
    I am not going to try instore until the storm is there and for sale.

11-18-08 06:57 AM
    In my experience when you are trying to trade up for a new phone, its better to give the new phone a little while being out, before pushing. Otherwise it looks a little suspicious. Another point as to why you want the Storm over the Curve could be, I dont like the QWERTY and want suretype.
    11-18-08 07:12 AM
    Try calling CS. I have found them to be MUCH more helpful than the in-store reps.
    I agree with Loooney. I bought a Razr2 in June with my $100 NE2 discount, but later decided that I really wanted a BlackBerry. I tried to talk to the manager at my local VZW store, but got nowhere. On the side, the sales guy told me as I was leaving to call CS when I get home and talk to them about it.

I called CS. Explained I had been with them for over 10 years (not a VIP, just a base 450 plan). Told the rep I had made a mistake buying the Razr and that it did not do what I needed it to do. She put me on hold for a while then came back and told me they had re-set the NE2 and had given me a $50 discount toward the new phone of my choice. I asked if I could wait for the Storm and she said yes, the changes were noted on my account and I could use them anytime I wanted.

Needless to say, I was a pretty happy customer. I do think you can get more satisfaction from the CS 800 number than in the store. They seem to have more authority than the store managers.
    11-18-08 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD