After upgrading the OS the VZAM software seems unable to see the device. I've reinstalled the PC software and rebooted both device and PC. DM sees the device just fine and I can sync, load media, etc.

I poked around a bit and found a newer version of the VZAM software that I'm going to try. Anyone had similar experiences or have suggested solutions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 10:25 AM
    absolutely not suh.

my VZAM software works fine. Using my storm on 323.
    10-22-09 10:55 AM
    I've tried everything I can think of (the new SW version did nothing; at least nothing other than choke back the connection speed - used to be able to set it to 921k, now it's maxed at 115k...). I'm not sure what's going on, but here's my best explanation:

I connect the device and open VZAM, it does its little detect device song and dance, but it never finds the device. It alternates between 'configuring device' and 'device not connected' as it 'configures Standard Modem.' It just does that forever. I let it go for an hour earlier and nothing.... GRRR!

I got a workaround though...

Using Standard Modem (installed by VZAM) I setup a new connection: Dial-up, #777, [mynumber]@vzw3g.com, vzw (type, number, user name, password). Works fine.

If anyone can figure this out or has any ideas, BBM me or Email me, please.

@johnolesen - I didn't have any problems either until my device went crazy (installed the new google maps and it gave me an app error, corrupted databases, etc.). After I recovered from the app-imposed bricking it didn't work.

Does anyone know how big a role the FW plays in the VZAM process? Could a FW error cause my problem, or is this more likely a PC-based issue somewhere?
    10-22-09 11:32 AM
    I had same problem. To complicate things I couldn't use my laptop after upgrading but my desk computer would still tether. Today I used the control panel to repair the software and after restarting the laptop it worked just fine. I have been tethered most of the day to the laptop and have had no other problems.
    10-22-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD