She told me to take my storm to a reppair shop to get the dust under the screen fixed. She said the repair shop could take off the screen to get to it! Wouldn't that void the warrenty and probably break it!

She then tried to say it was my fault because I did not have a pouch for it. And then tried to convince me that there was dust under the screen of her curve and that it was normal. I didn't see any dust and would it even be possible anyway???

Has anyone else been told this?????
    04-04-09 01:46 PM
    March right back in, ask to see the store manager, and tell him/her your trouble.
    04-04-09 01:52 PM
    It sounds like your screen is not on right. I mean I can see dust getting on the edges but not under the screen. I have seen dust on a curve and its not normal.
    04-04-09 02:05 PM
    March right back in, ask to see the store manager, and tell him/her your trouble.
    Agreed, doesn't sound like she wanted to help you.
    04-04-09 02:06 PM
    Go back into the store or call technical services
    04-04-09 02:20 PM
    dust was a very very common problem on early storm builds. call *611 and talk to verizon, they never refused to give me a new storm.

I had so much dust under my screen that is was so hazy to look at anything.
    04-04-09 02:23 PM
    It sounds like your screen is not on right. I mean I can see dust getting on the edges but not under the screen. I have seen dust on a curve and its not normal.
    you need to get your facts right. Go search this fourm under "dust under screen" there are hundreads opon hundreads of threads on this topic
    04-04-09 02:24 PM
    Sounds like a typical crappy VZW rep..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 02:25 PM
    I have thought about asking for a new storm because of the dust, but my storm works great besides that. I am afraid if I get a replacement I will end up with other, bigger problems....
    04-04-09 02:27 PM
    I have thought about asking for a new storm because of the dust, but my storm works great besides that. I am afraid if I get a replacement I will end up with other, bigger problems....
    naa the dust problem with the new phones is the thign of the past now. I have 11 storms so far. all the early builds had dust in them.. the newer ones haven't had a problem at dust at all and all the phones are in the contruction feild were there exposed to dirt and dust all day.. not a problem now
    04-04-09 02:30 PM
    get a vaccum and suck the dust up from the edges, its preety obvious some dust will get in there, I doubt the dust is under the screen anyway. If it bothers you that much, insurance job it.
    04-04-09 02:51 PM
    I'd like to know where a repair shop is.....no such thing in Tally

Last edited by legobanker; 04-04-09 at 03:23 PM.
    04-04-09 03:14 PM
    get a vaccum and suck the dust up from the edges, its preety obvious some dust will get in there, I doubt the dust is under the screen anyway. If it bothers you that much, insurance job it.
    dust can very very very easily can get under the screen, again, its a very known problem dust gettign under the screen. I'll tell you what I told the other person above you. Search on this fourm "dust under screen" there are hundreads of threads about this issue. People really need to get there facts right before telling people the problem they have is not what they are complaining of, when in fact it is. the dust under the screen can't come out unless lifting the screen up, and no one should do this and will void your warrenty, so just get a replacement phone
    04-04-09 03:23 PM
    I'd like to know where a repair shop is.

WATERLOO, ON...
    04-04-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD