Having an issue with the camera after installing .328. It tells me "could not open camera. Close other apps and try again" I'm not running anything nor is anything else installed. Anyway, VZW rep said it is a known issue with the build and RIM will either release a patch or new OS to address it and other issues but she "suspects" a whole new OS. What do yall think?
    11-07-09 08:15 AM
    I think the VZW rep told me threads are my all time favorite. Now if you'll excuse me I will now wait patiently with hands folded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 08:27 AM
    Having an issue with the camera after installing .328. It tells me "could not open camera. Close other apps and try again" I'm not running anything nor is anything else installed. Anyway, VZW rep said it is a known issue with the build and RIM will either release a patch or new OS to address it and other issues but she "suspects" a whole new OS. What do yall think?
    Rep doesn't know what they are talking about. I've seen this issue discussed many times through several OS discussions.

Unfortunately since I never had the issue myself I don't know what the solution is but that's just bs what they told you.
    11-07-09 08:47 AM
    Reps only say stuff like that so they dont have to send you a new phone.
    11-07-09 08:50 AM
    So after 3 wipes they are still blowing smoke? You know what it is funny that my wife hasn't had the issue once and she is actually running apps as to where i haven't installed anything since wiping last week. Think i may call back and ask for a new device, maybe they'll be nice and send an S2, who knows!!
    11-07-09 09:19 AM
    It's almost always a hardware issue. (It doesn't take much to pop the camera out)

No OS or patch will correct.
    11-07-09 09:40 AM
    A friend had this issue once. We used a small screw driver to move the lens to the center. We heard a small click, pulled the battery. The camera worked perfectly after that. It may be that, but considering the storm's lens is covered, good luck with that.
    11-07-09 11:08 AM
    So after 3 wipes they are still blowing smoke? You know what it is funny that my wife hasn't had the issue once and she is actually running apps as to where i haven't installed anything since wiping last week. Think i may call back and ask for a new device, maybe they'll be nice and send an S2, who knows!!

I do. It won't happen.

You're gonna have to pay like the rest of us for that.
    11-07-09 11:20 AM
    That rep pulling that info out of some ones fart.
    11-07-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD