I have a storm that has a screen issue. When you press down on the screen, you can feel it crackle under your finger almost like there's a bit of separation from some kind of seal. I've had people at a local corporate VZW look at it, and pretty much told me I was crazy and that it was function fine, which is not the case. I also have a dust party under my screen which makes viewing certain things a bit nerve racking at times. They also made the comment about how RIM has made hardware improvements since launch, and if so, that's fine and dandy but it doesn't help me out having a launch phone that they won't accept responsibility for being a piece of crap. I don't see how I should be punished for being an early adopter and I realize things will have problems, but those problems should be addressed and responsibility taken for it.

Is there any way I can get my phone replaced without having to deal with this? I know my phone is jacked up. I have felt the screen change over the course of use and I am not hard on my phone. The problem is that I have some software that will only be transferred to a different device once if the original is proven to be defective. I know my Storm isn't what it should be, and I'm just upset and feel stepped on by Verizon Wireless. I keep hearing rumors of Class Action Lawsuit floating around but I can't really find a legitimate source but I am interested if one is brewing. This is ridiculous.
    03-24-09 08:30 PM
    If its broken, and you have insurance, well, that's what its for. And broken does not have to mean not working, just broken.
    03-24-09 08:32 PM
    Call the 800 number instead of going in to the store. be nice when you call them. I have always had good luck when I call. No luck when I go into the store..good luck
    03-24-09 08:33 PM
    Call the 800 number instead of going in to the store. be nice when you call them. I have always had good luck when I call. No luck when I go into the store..good luck
    I'll give that a try. I just want to try and get it taken care of ASAP and hopefully I can get the license transferred. If I can't I'll just have to live with the problem. Should have known better than to pay money for the Garmin software before the phone was stable enough haha.
    03-24-09 08:34 PM
    I just got a new one delivered today because I told them the clicking wasnt right. The person I spoke with said no problem, we will send you a new one and next day'd it too me. Its also a new unit, not a refurb..
    03-24-09 08:38 PM
    This should be easy, call verizon on the phone... Navigate your way to the blackberry assistance. Tell them you have alot of dust captured under your screen. If you have the same luck anyone I know has had they will 2 day ship you a new one no questions asked.
    03-24-09 08:39 PM
    They're all faulty.
    03-24-09 08:46 PM
    They're all faulty.
    So is your attitude.
    03-24-09 08:51 PM
    Just got off of the phone with tech support and explained everything. I'll be getting a replacement sent out, but now I am worried about transferring my Garmin software to it. I'm sure that they will be able to assist me with it, but I am just a little worried I'll be out the cash for the software due to the phone. We'll see soon enough. I've generally never had a problem with phone based support but I don't have a different number to call from but they said it wouldn't be an issue with the nature of the problem.
    03-24-09 10:05 PM
    Just got off of the phone with tech support and explained everything. I'll be getting a replacement sent out, but now I am worried about transferring my Garmin software to it. I'm sure that they will be able to assist me with it, but I am just a little worried I'll be out the cash for the software due to the phone. We'll see soon enough. I've generally never had a problem with phone based support but I don't have a different number to call from but they said it wouldn't be an issue with the nature of the problem.
    They shouldn't give you a hard time at all. If you use the device switch wizard it will transfer all of your programs without too much work on your end. It will also update your pin on your buddies BB messenger and they will not know you changed devices. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 10:29 PM
    They're all faulty.
    Then get out of the Storm forums and go enjoy your Curve
    03-24-09 10:31 PM
    Definitly call customer service. They just replaced mine, but it completely died for whatever reason. They don't usually think twice about sending out a replacement for you though. Very nice both* times.

*first replacement due to faulty mic
    *second replacement due to paperweight phone

Third storm better be a charm. I hate starting over.
    03-24-09 10:41 PM
    Call the 800 number, im getting my replacement tomorrow for the same issues. Be nice you're at their mercy
    03-25-09 12:15 AM
    call garmin.. they will most likely give u a new activation key if you explain your prob
    03-25-09 12:24 AM
    I have a storm that has a screen issue. When you press down on the screen, you can feel it crackle under your finger almost like there's a bit of separation from some kind of seal. I've had people at a local corporate VZW look at it, and pretty much told me I was crazy and that it was function fine, which is not the case. I also have a dust party under my screen which makes viewing certain things a bit nerve racking at times. They also made the comment about how RIM has made hardware improvements since launch, and if so, that's fine and dandy but it doesn't help me out having a launch phone that they won't accept responsibility for being a piece of crap. I don't see how I should be punished for being an early adopter and I realize things will have problems, but those problems should be addressed and responsibility taken for it.

Is there any way I can get my phone replaced without having to deal with this? I know my phone is jacked up. I have felt the screen change over the course of use and I am not hard on my phone. The problem is that I have some software that will only be transferred to a different device once if the original is proven to be defective. I know my Storm isn't what it should be, and I'm just upset and feel stepped on by Verizon Wireless. I keep hearing rumors of Class Action Lawsuit floating around but I can't really find a legitimate source but I am interested if one is brewing. This is ridiculous.
    Cal VZW directly and speak to a level 2 technician. They are generally helpful. My storm recently started rebooting randomly so they replaced that for free. The new storm I received had a faulty screen. When I called them they said they would overnight another one in the morning. So if your nice, sound knowledgable they will provide a replacement.
    03-25-09 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD