Maybe some of your verizon people can clue me in to why there is so much confusion with the release of the storm. I am not talking about the advertising I am speaking of internally. I can call 8 different VZW office and get 8 different responses to the same question. I can also call 8 different CS reps and get 4 or 5 different answers.

With a phone release as anticipated as this one, you would think there would be some sort of coordinated effort to make sure all reps would have as much accurate info as possible. The phone will be released in 4 days and I can not call a single store in my area or a rep and get the answer to 2 questions.

1. What is the retail price.
    2. How many phones will be available for sale at my local distro.

I preordered from BestBuy and have been assured that I will have the phone on the 21st but many people are not hearing the same thing. Shouldn't verizon let bestbuy know they will have phones on X date?

This all seems very sloppy almost like they are winging it.
    11-17-08 12:17 PM
    yah i hear yah ... no buddy knows what ... why .. idk
    11-17-08 12:20 PM
    it seems like they are in chaos with the release of the storm, but is it clever marketing. If we had all the answers we wanted last week would we be on CB looking for answers? NO so they are keeping us guessing. I just want to get my phone on friday. i think it was a mistake to have the storm release in UK first.
    11-17-08 12:26 PM
    I don't think they can say that until the actually inventory is taken and they physically have them. They should know the retail price though cause that shouldn't change per location.
    11-17-08 12:27 PM
    The retail price is $499. STOP CALLING CS!! And the phone is coming out on friday, its on the verizon website. So where is the confusion?

Go into a verizon store on friday, bring a credit card, and walk out with a storm for about $500. Problem solved.
    11-17-08 12:32 PM
    it seems like they are in chaos with the release of the storm, but is it clever marketing. If we had all the answers we wanted last week would we be on CB looking for answers? NO so they are keeping us guessing. I just want to get my phone on friday. i think it was a mistake to have the storm release in UK first.
    To me that does not make sense. Why would you want to keep your customers guessing?

As for the UK release, I think vod did a better job then VZW. We new they were going to have the storm, we knew how much it was going to cost, and they gave as much info as they could as it was available. It sounds like the execution of the launch was a bit suspect but the events leading up to it were fairly decent.

If I remember the Iphone was announce... Here is the Iphone, it will be available around X date and cost about X dollars. Here are some of the features it will have. I don't like Apple but I love their advertising
    11-17-08 12:37 PM
    The retail price is $499. STOP CALLING CS!!
    Really where can I see this price? I am not talking about a "Leaked" document. I want to see where it says from verizon that the phone is $499. Anyone..... Anyone..... Yea that is what I thought!

***Edit: I will call CS every 5 freakin mins if I feel the need. I am a verizon customer so I can call as much as needed. Also, If verizon trained thier CS reps properly myself or anyone else could call CS get the same info and trust what was told to us.
    Last edited by Primate; 11-17-08 at 12:42 PM.
    11-17-08 12:39 PM
    Your not alone this really is ridiculous, I have yet to find a store near me who's taken any sort of a list or reservations, etc. I mean one would think for a phone as expensive at this one someone somewhere in Verizon would be getting this whole thing organized.

Don't even get me started on the card that came in the mail.
    11-17-08 12:39 PM
    Yea I am reading a lot of people feel screwed by those. Also I wounder how BestBuy feels about taking out a sunday add saying to come get the storm .... then they have no storm to sell!
    11-17-08 01:31 PM
    www.vzw.com/stormhunt still allows you to enter code words online and the contest ended Saturday. That is just one small example of how on top of things VZW is with this phone's release.
    11-17-08 01:35 PM
    The simple answer is VZW did what they needed to do when it came to sales tng and info. Face it not every rep gave a darn or cared for that matter. I have been the source for my local store (thanks cb) because their rim guy hardly ever shows up or calls them. VZW is a huge corporation and not everyone does their job correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 02:35 PM
    The simple answer is VZW did what they needed to do when it came to sales tng and info. Face it not every rep gave a darn or cared for that matter. I have been the source for my local store (thanks cb) because their rim guy hardly ever shows up or calls them. VZW is a huge corporation and not everyone does their job correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It seems to me NO ONE is doing their job correctly. 1 in a thousand can tell you much more than the storm will be released in November.

I am continuing to read more and more posts about people getting calls then others saying they were told no one would be called. Some say they know for a fact it is X amount and others say noooo I know for a fact it is Z amount.

It will be here the 21st the 20th the 23rd. On and On and On. I think this phone is starting to hurt VZW more than help them.
    11-17-08 06:32 PM
    Verizons marketing is terrible! I went through this last year with the Voyager, I ended up ordering over the phone, but still. I went to the store and they were like I couldn't get it for some lame reason. i just don't want to go through this crap AGAIN!
    11-17-08 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD