Hey all, first time poster, so don't kill me if this has been answered or is clearly posted in the forums somewhere.

Has Verizon begun handing out refurbished units for Storm replacements or is that even possible with this phone? Just wondering, I'm getting a little tired of putting up with the quirks of my launch unit now that it has some wear and tear to go along with it, and I didn't want to bother if I wasn't going to be given a brand new one in its place.

Thanks for any info!
    09-16-09 03:25 PM
    Welcome! Why are you wanting a different one?
    09-16-09 03:30 PM
    sorry to tell you this but u will be flamed. they have been giving refurbs out for a very long time. I think within the first week. but im not certain on that. Within the hour you'll know the exact date.

Next time google your question 99% of the time someone has asked the question in just the way you have structured yours.
    09-16-09 03:33 PM
    It's just always rebooted at least once a day on its own, done little things here and there like freeze, also the screen goes dark and fluttery in the same spot in the form of a perfect circle about 4 or 5 millimeters big whenever i press the screen down around the middle of it. Really annoying against white/light colored backgrounds.
    09-16-09 03:36 PM
    Have you updated your OS yet?
    09-16-09 03:37 PM
    Sweet thanks for the reply!

Guess I'll wait for Storm 2!
    09-16-09 03:37 PM
    @paul

Yes sir. Love the new OS
    09-16-09 03:38 PM
    Refurbs have been around for a long time. All replacements you get from VZW under warranty will be refurbs unless it's your 4th replacement and you push for a new (same device) or new (different device).
    09-16-09 03:38 PM
    Refurbs have been around for a long time. All replacements you get from VZW under warranty will be refurbs unless it's your 4th replacement and you push for a new (same device) or new (different device).
    WTH Civic? No flaming
    09-16-09 03:45 PM
    WTH Civic? No flaming
    We are not going to go there correct?
    09-16-09 03:55 PM
    WTH Civic? No flaming
    Yester would just put it out. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-16-09 04:05 PM
    Search for a thread called STORM REFURB LATLY? I started it a few days ago when I was in your boat...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 04:10 PM
    I just got my fifth replacement storm yesterday, it was a brand new one, the thing that sucked was that it had the old 3 button setting instead of the 1 button on the last phone I got, so I disassembled both phones and switched the faceplates. I just sent back the defective one and none will be the wiser

Disclaimer: DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY DISASSEMBLE THE STORM WITHOUT DAMAGING IT
    09-16-09 04:28 PM
    If I have issues with this storm I currently have and decide to hold off on sending it back until the storm 2 release, since it would be my 6th replacement would I be eligible to trade it for a storm 2 and pay the difference?
    09-16-09 04:29 PM
    If I have issues with this storm I currently have and decide to hold off on sending it back until the storm 2 release, since it would be my 6th replacement would I be eligible to trade it for a storm 2 and pay the difference?
    Not unless the S2 is on the replacement/upgrade matrix that VZW puts out. Initially on release, the Tour was not on this list... a couple of weeks later, it was. A lot of this also depends on who you talk to and how good you are at talking.
    09-16-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD