After I upgraded to the 5.0 software I went the next day to connect to the internet through VZAccess Manager through my laptop and it is constantly stuck on "configuring device" and the computer sounds like it keeps plugging and unplugging my storm from the usb slot. Prior to this update I have had no problems what so ever. Tried reinstalling VZAccess Manager, restarting computer and blackberry, uninstalled all my drivers and reinstalled them with no luck on fixing the problem.

If anyone has any advise on how I can get this to work again since I am paying Verizon $30 a month for this feature that is currently not working it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Also yes, I've called Verizon's Tech Support and was on the phone with them while they tried trouble shooting the problem for over 3 hours before I was like I'm going some place were people know wtf they are talking about...aka www.crackberry.com

Thank You
    11-02-09 01:21 AM
    wow... 3 hours... if they checked current alerts (takes all of about 30 seconds), they could have told you that it's a known issue and SmithMicro is working on a fix.

so, long story short, VZAM doesn't currently work with Storm 5.0.

log in to My Verizon and remove the feature in My Services> My Plan> Additional Features (towards the bottom)
    11-02-09 02:19 AM
    Yeah, well more like a little over an hour. It just felt like 3. They didn't tell me anything about not being compatible. All they were having me do was restart this and restart thas. Uninstall this then reinstall. Unplug and replug. I knew that this wasn't gonna work which drove me up a wall.

But thank you for shooting me a straight answer about this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 09:02 AM
    Posted yesterday, someone found that an older version of VZAM seems to work. You can find a link to it here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/th...highlight=vzam
    11-03-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD