I'm sorry to ask this really stupid question but the $29.99 blackberry plan that you have to get with the Storm is unlimited data and stuff right?

I just get a pit in my stomach every time I stream stuff and download things and I see that warning "Carrier charges may apply, please be sure you have an unlimited data plan"
    03-25-09 08:37 AM
    yes, $30 is for an unlimited plan.
    03-25-09 08:39 AM
    I'm sorry to ask this really stupid question but the $29.99 blackberry plan that you have to get with the Storm is unlimited data and stuff right?

I just get a pit in my stomach every time I stream stuff and download things and I see that warning "Carrier charges may apply, please be sure you have an unlimited data plan"

LMAO!
    Im dying laughing reading this cause I was scared of the same thing since when I had my voyager, and went on the vztunes to buy ringtones they charged me for air time hahaha.

Yes, if you have data plan, unless you BUY something online then you don't spend anything.

Also if you want to go online (aim, msn) and things like that to talk make sure you have texting
    03-25-09 08:40 AM
    lol as long as you dont stream past the 5GB cap.. LOL! which is very hard to do. Last month i only hit 75MB for the month. lolololol
    03-25-09 08:41 AM
    I could be wrong (because I have unlimited texts, data, etc. together + a business plan) ... but I would double check with the VZ rep on this, my "unlimited" plan is something like 44.99 ...
    03-25-09 08:47 AM
    I have sling player on my Storm, and I am constantly checking to be certain I don't go over my 5Gb limit (my young daughter wants to watch SpongeBob when she's bored and we're out.....).

The 5Gb cap annoys me though, because even on the website it is advertised as "unlimited" on my bill.... you have to read the fine print in the service agreement.

Otherwise, yes, no charge for online browsing.....

Cheers,
    B.D.
    03-25-09 08:47 AM
    I thought the cap was only if you tethered the storm??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 09:05 AM
    Not true about the 5G limit I download podcast regularly and have gone as high as 7g last month with no extra charges.
    03-25-09 09:06 AM
    it was my understanding the only difference in the two packages were the cheaper one is BIS and the higher one is BES with the same 5GB cap
    03-25-09 09:37 AM
    I could be wrong (because I have unlimited texts, data, etc. together + a business plan) ... but I would double check with the VZ rep on this, my "unlimited" plan is something like 44.99 ...
    the difference between the 30/month plan and 45/month plan is BES vs BIS. both offer unlimited data/web browsing etc. the 5gb cap is nearly impossible to reach unless you are running torrents or streaming data non-stop.
    03-25-09 09:42 AM
    Not true about the 5G limit I download podcast regularly and have gone as high as 7g last month with no extra charges.

Yes, there is a 5gb limit, but not capped. Might want to read your TOS, plainly printed in it.

As far as the OP's original question, under normal use, you will never even come close to the 5gb limit.

it was my understanding the only difference in the two packages were the cheaper one is BIS and the higher one is BES with the same 5GB cap
    Yup, you are correct.
    03-25-09 09:43 AM
    The bis and bes are "unlimited" I just found out about the 5gb cap as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/ver...on-189803-new/

03-25-09 09:44 AM
    its 29.99 for personal use unlimited email and internet(BIS), the 44.99 is the business with all the bells and whistles(BES). LOL
    Last edited by Bigdaddy2009; 03-25-09 at 10:24 AM.
    03-25-09 10:09 AM
    without starting a new thread i was curious what other users do with a multiple line account. i have 5 phones on mine. 2-BB's , 2- that web browse and one flip that just makes calls. what plan is everyone else on with a similar about of users on their plan?

with everyone using emails, sms and mms for most things now the total minute plan isnt near as important as it used to be and my bill is huge. 350-400 dollars, BIS plan is fine for the BB's and i know one of them is on BES which i need to change.
    03-25-09 10:14 AM
    there is some misinformation in this thread. the phone only plan 29.99 is completely unlimited in every way, it only applies to browsing, email, and other data transacting done on the phone by the phone's browser etc. the 5GB limitations ONLY apply to the extra $15 you can purchase to allow you to tether your phone to a computer and use the phone as a modem to let your computer use the phone's internet. that has an extra fee and a data limitation.

as for you going to youtube and streaming videos, music or anything else you can think of then, on the phone's browser and other applications on the phone, then there will be 0 extra charges no matter how much you download.
    03-25-09 10:15 AM
    The bis and bes are "unlimited" I just found out about the 5gb cap as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/ver...on-189803-new/

That is in regards to tethering though.
    03-25-09 10:18 AM
    That's what I thought also. Guess it Is that confusing to the point where ex employees get confused. Idk. Seemed pretty straight forward to me.

03-25-09 10:22 AM
    without starting a new thread i was curious what other users do with a multiple line account. i have 5 phones on mine. 2-BB's , 2- that web browse and one flip that just makes calls. what plan is everyone else on with a similar about of users on their plan?

with everyone using emails, sms and mms for most things now the total minute plan isnt near as important as it used to be and my bill is huge. 350-400 dollars, BIS plan is fine for the BB's and i know one of them is on BES which i need to change.
    I'd say thr select plan with unlim messaging. Then get BIS or vcast features as necessary.

03-25-09 10:25 AM
    damn man. lol i cant even get to 1GB streaming music and watching videos. haha. How the H*** you get to 7GB.. LOL
    03-25-09 10:26 AM
    Unlimited Data Plans and Features (such as NationalAccess, BroadbandAccess, Push to Talk, and certain VZEmail services) may ONLY be used with wireless devices for the following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) email; and (iii) intranet access (including access to corporate intranets, email, and individual productivity applications like customer relationship management, sales force, and field service automation). The Unlimited Data Plans and Features MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (ii) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine–to–machine connections or peer–to–peer (P2P) file sharing; or (iii) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.

For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Unlimited Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.
    03-25-09 10:56 AM
    That is in regards to tethering though.
    Incorrect, it specifically applies to movies, music, internet and email.
    03-25-09 11:02 AM
    The only concern I have is I stream iHeartRadio and Slacker very frequently. I'm even trying to find a way to hook it up for my truck stereo. I won't hit 5gb I'm sure but I don't want to tick VZ off streaming. Although, I don't see why they would get mad

03-25-09 11:58 AM
    What about the VZ navigator for Rhapsody? ... it seems like that costs extra since it's not automatic ... is that program just suppose to allow us to see our Rhapsody music?
    I already have a paid subscription with Rhapsody, so it doesn't make sense to pay for this as well. but i'm not really sure how it works. anyone here have it?

the program is on the disc that came with the blackberry, but even thoufh i downloaded, i don't have access unless i sign up for it, i believe.
    03-25-09 12:06 PM
    The only concern I have is I stream iHeartRadio and Slacker very frequently. I'm even trying to find a way to hook it up for my truck stereo. I won't hit 5gb I'm sure but I don't want to tick VZ off streaming. Although, I don't see why they would get mad

I doubt they will notice... I actually think it's nice that you can check your data useage on the verizonwireless website, and it will track data useage by time (i.e. I streamed music for 10 minutes starting at 1:45 pm on Mar 23... what was my data useage).

I have checked to calculate how much useage I have used per time to calculate my data useage.

Cheers,
    B.D.
    03-25-09 12:07 PM
    Incorrect, it specifically applies to movies, music, internet and email.

I was referring to the link that post was directing us to.

03-25-09 12:08 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD