Hey everyone,

SKIP TO INSTALL SECTION IF YOU DON'T WANT INTRO

During the period of time before the Storm came out, I had already begun to do some research and try and see what the options were to protect it. The first option I found was your typical rubber skins, which I am typically not a fan of. After a little searching I came on to the IS which, with a little hesitation, I decided I would see if it was too good to be true.

Fast forward a few weeks, I finally receive my Storm...IS still hasn�t arrived but the customer service is not going to be the point of this post. A few days later, FINALLY it came in and I began the install. (FULL BODY)

The reason that I have installed both on my phone is where the first warning comes in!

WARNING: Do not use alcohol to clean the IS after it is applied. I did this around the edges to try and get rid of some of the dust and found it left a residue. I decided I would just go a head and wipe down the whole thing. This resulted in an ungodly amount of scratching.

WARNING: Do not let any parts of any of the skins hang off the phone. Every bit of the skin should be touching the phone. If it is not, you just created a lint magnet that looks terrible. As a quick temporary fix, I used a razor blade to cut off excess parts.

INSTALL IS (FULL BODY)

First off, it did take quite a bit of time to install in order to get it to fit correctly. I found that even with quite a bit of the install liquid, it was still quite tacky, requiring good initial placement. Eventually I did get it to a point where I was apprehensive but satisfied. One thing I must stress with the IS is to WAIT A FEW DAYS before you make your decision. I had bubbles under the screen even after a day or two which both eventually went away.

INSTALL GA (SCREEN ONLY)

For starters the GA screen only came in a cardboard tube, which I wasn�t to crazy about. The install was surprisingly much easier! Perhaps it was simply because I had experience this round, but I found it went on much easier and did not take more then a day for any imperfections to go away.

OVERALL COMPARISION

To me, it seemed like the GA was a bit easier of an install. Overall quality, I feel like the IS is a little thicker and a little more scratch resistant, assuming you don't touch it with rubbing alcohol. It could have been in there since before the install, but the GA already has a fairly annoying scratch/defect. The IS did not have anything until I tried to clean it. In terms of orange peel, the IS's orange peel is more noticeable then the GA but not but to much. Both have some amount of orange peel. As far as bubbles go, the IS definitely seems to take a bit longer to fully contact the phone, again this could be due to more experience the second time.

FINAL DECISION

Since I have some overhang on some parts of the shield, I decided to buy another shield and try it again. My choice was.....Invis Shield. Mostly just because my GA already seems to have defects/scratches.

Hope this helps some people.
    12-19-08 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD