Not that I agree or disagree, but interesting article. I personally have a Curve 8330, not passing judgement on the Storm:

The Votes Are In: BlackBerry Storm Sucks | Gadget Lab from Wired.com
    12-05-08 04:06 PM
    no offense but with that thread title you'd better duck and cover. Go read the stickied poll above....it shows that people who AREN'T comparing it to the iPhone actually love the device.
    12-05-08 04:07 PM
    I bet in one year we'll look back at this and laugh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 04:08 PM
    I bet in one year we'll look back at this and laugh.

I'm laughing at it NOW.
    This phone absolutely rocks!
    12-05-08 04:10 PM
    i'd expect this from a curve user.
    12-05-08 04:12 PM
    I was laughing at this response

"Verizon should just box all these Storms up and send them to Toys R Us, who can sell them in the Brainteaser section, right next to the Rubik's Cubes"

hahahahahaha too funny
    12-05-08 04:12 PM
    that people who AREN'T comparing it to the iPhone actually love the device.
    Even some who are using it as a comparison love the device.

I don't understand all these negative reviews.

It also shows how much people put stock in what the media says.
    12-05-08 04:15 PM
    I'm sorry but this is the foot in the A$$ RIM and Verizon need.hopefully they realize that people won't tolerate a halfassed released phone especially with serious competition out there.
    12-05-08 04:18 PM
    i'd expect this from a curve user.
    And I'd expect this smart remark from a Storm user.

What's that supposed to mean?

Do you think Curve users are jealous somehow of Storm users??

I didn't WRITE the article, and if you don't think that others opinions, even if they don't reflect your own, are valuable, then you have some learning to do.

Maybe the Storm is perfect, maybe it's not, regardless, I'm sure Storm 2.0 will benefit from any issues from the original Storm.
    12-05-08 04:20 PM
    well from a avid iPhone user myself that is... People never seem to complain about the major issues with the iPhone.. App resets constantly safari crashing after 10 minutes of use...

how about taken 45 minutes to process a backup... I saw a video of a guy that took 5 hours to backup his iPhone with hardly any space used on it.

This is all things that the high end people have been complaining about sense the release of the iPhone that are yet to be fixed.. but if you notice noone ever states this crap in there reviews..

My storm is better with communication in every way that the iPhone wasn't

yes I did some tweaking to the phone but I am also familiar with blackberry's were other users may not necessarily be.

There was no tweaking on a iPhone there was nothing I could do to fix it's problems accept wait for updates that never come.

It took 6 months before I could delete more then 1 email message at a time.

You never see the problems because everyone was just all about the iCandy.

Don't get me wrong I use a mac on my personal time and I love it. The iPhone has had many updates and still has issues. People would flame me elsewhere for saying this. So to call the storm a dud is a joke when its only been out for this long anyway..

My phone has run good from day one along with a ton of other people who never even come on the forums and reviews to make that comment

Sorry Rant over
    12-05-08 04:23 PM
    I was laughing at this response

"Verizon should just box all these Storms up and send them to Toys R Us, who can sell them in the Brainteaser section, right next to the Rubik's Cubes"

hahahahahaha too funny
    Wow another useless post...

Why do you have such a hard on for bashing a phone you don't even own?
    12-05-08 04:28 PM
    Noaim lets not let the thread degrade into bashing iPhones again. Nobody is talking about the iPhone : )

This is a Storm forum. Go into an iPhone forum and you don't see this type of behavior. Why so much hate. Thats a rhetorical question: )
    12-05-08 04:29 PM
    Wow another useless post...

Why do you have such a hard on for bashing a phone you don't even own?
    It was in the article so it's not useless. I was contributing to this particular thread that you are posting meaningless things on : )
    12-05-08 04:32 PM
    It was in the article so it's not useless. I was contributing to this particular thread that you are posting meaningless things on : )
    99% of your posts are bashing the Storm.

Stop smoking so much schwag and lighten up a little.
    12-05-08 04:34 PM
    The storm is a great phone for business, once you get used to it. which should take a monkey no longer than like a day. also ripped 3 movies onto it so far and the picture is perfect. so i don't get why people are saying not so nice things about it..GREAT PHONE
    12-05-08 04:40 PM
    .65 was dog****. Plain and simple, mainly because of the accelerometer. There are few things more frustrating with touchscreen phones than an accelerometer that barely works. .75/.76 is a MASSIVE improvement, but yes, I wish it were a little snappier, but I think this is the nature of accelerometers, as my friends iphone isnt any faster.

Not even a year from now we will be laughing at this. How long has the iphone been out, and there have been a total of 2 updates? Storm has been out for 2 weeks and there have already been 2. Yes the launch was rushed, and it shouldnt have been released without .75. I can't believe none of these reviewers haven't gotten one of the phones that has the bad clickscreen. That alone almost completely turned me off to this phone until I found out that its a known issue and most Storms dont have it. And most people (not people on this forum) who have the hard-to-press screens dont care or dont notice from my experience.

Also, Blackberry has set the bar high for their phones, making it easier to completely tear apart a sub-par BB device. iphone first gen phones were plagued with problems as well, but everyone has forgotten that. Email didnt even work for a while when the 3G iphone came out, but that got hardly any negative attention. Just goes to tell you how much stupid fanboys will ignore, and every media outlet is an iphone fanboy.

The 'clickscreen' is revolutionary, and it pissed me off that these negative reviews dont even give that credit, and realize that software updates will fix EVERY gripe that they have.

iphones cant MMS, cant take video, cant do voice dialing, cant copy/paste and at most you get an "oh well" attitude from reviews. If RIM eliminated any ONE of these features, they would get absolutely torn apart.
    12-05-08 04:41 PM
    Even some who are using it as a comparison love the device.

I don't understand all these negative reviews.

It also shows how much people put stock in what the media says.
    it's gonna frustrate you if you're a loyal iphone user and you play with it for 5 minutes...my roommate liked it after he figured out that you have to click, but i've had 3 or 4 people use it who had ipod touches or iPhones and all of them couldn't figure it out in the first few seconds....every one of em said "ohhhh now i understand what they mean by click. That's pretty cool!"
    12-05-08 04:43 PM
    who cares? I like it... I'm not trying to impress anyone, who really cares what other people thinks?
    12-05-08 04:43 PM
    no offense but with that thread title you'd better duck and cover. Go read the stickied poll above....it shows that people who AREN'T comparing it to the iPhone actually love the device.
    One of my friends is a total Apple fanboy. After playing with my Storm for all of 60 seconds, he said that the Storm is way better than the iPhone for the sole reason of the click screen.
    12-05-08 04:45 PM
    One of my friends is a total Apple fanboy. After playing with my Storm for all of 60 seconds, he said that the Storm is way better than the iPhone for the sole reason of the click screen.
    My roommate wont admit it but I know he at least likes the storm. He's said he'd rather have Verizon but as long as his family is paying for his cell bill he doesn't mind. He doesn't say the storm is better, but he does seem to like it (I told him mine was gonna come home and bend his iPhone over and show its dominance on day one....he eventually got tired of hearing from me lol)
    Last edited by CSSVT; 12-05-08 at 04:52 PM.
    12-05-08 04:47 PM

Stop smoking so much schwag and lighten up a little.
    no and ok : )

It does appear though that the Storm owners have iPhone envy. Re: the constant referencing and comparisons.
    Last edited by cereal killer; 12-05-08 at 04:55 PM.
    12-05-08 04:51 PM
    no and ok : )
    What? you like smoking dirty a$$ dirt budz?
    12-05-08 04:55 PM
    AAAhhh. And I thought the Friday Night Fights were on cable TV. :>)
    12-05-08 04:58 PM
    Man, I'm just looking forward to getting it in my hands!!!! Comparing it to the iPhone is all you can really do except maybe the HTC's. Besides the coverage of ATT in my area, I think the Storm will be better because you can tweak it and change things. The iPhone is too much of a closed system for non-standard users. This is just my opinion though.
    12-05-08 05:08 PM
    What? you like smoking dirty a$$ dirt budz?
    I smoke it all. If its bud it gets smoked.

I am a card carrying member though ; )

12-05-08 05:17 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD