Hi, I'm new to the site and my new Storm is my first BlackBerry. Can anyone tell me why I get an urgent SMS message every time I get a voicemail? People aren't leaving me urgent voicemails (I even left myself a regular voicemail to check), but they are showing up as urgent on the SMS message area. Is this an option I can change? I called tech support and the guy had no idea how to help. I never set this up so I don't know why it's happening. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Also, is it normal to get like 452 notifications every time I get a missed call or voicemail? I get a message for the missed call, and an urgent SMS notification for the voicemail, plus there is that little voicemail symbol on the phone too. It seems like overkill!
    12-10-08 04:24 PM
    I would like to know how to change this also.........
    12-10-08 05:38 PM
    You cannot stop from getting an SMS message notification for voicemail. There's not a setting to turn that off

As for it being urgent, double check the header. It should say something like voicemail 1 urgent 0. i can't quite remember the exact wording but i do remember thinking the same thing. It's just not spaced very well and looks like it's urgent when the 1 is really indicating the voicemail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-10-08 at 05:50 PM.
    12-10-08 05:42 PM
    You can, however, stop your calls from being logged in your message folder:

Phone
    Menu
    Options
    Call Logging: NONE

12-10-08 05:46 PM
    You cannot stop from getting an SMS message notification for voicemail. There's not setting to turn that off

As for it being urgent, double check the header. It should say something like voicemail 1 urgent 0. i can't quite remember the exact wording but i do remember thinking the same things. It's just spaced very well and looks like it's urgent when the 1 really indicating the voicemail.

You're right, thank you. It actually says "unheard- 1 urgent -0 total-1" but the spacing is weird so it looks like it's 1 urgent. Guess I was reading it wrong. Thanks so much!
    12-10-08 05:47 PM
    No problem. That bugged me for a while as well until i figured it out! i'd love to be able to turn off the SMS notification for voicemail!

12-10-08 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD