Help! I never see a lot on here about voicemail (besides people always annoyingly asking about the tape cassette icon).

Here are my issues: I had youmail but i deleted it because it never notified me when i had a new voicemail. When i dial *86, i get a woman's voice saying that im not available and to leave a message.

Since when does dialing *86 on your phone does it not take you to your personal voicemail options? Is there another number/extension i should be dialing? Also, what's an easy way to change the voicemail message that people hear when they call me? Thanks in advance for any info anyone out there has.
    01-25-09 07:29 PM
    On my Verizon 8830, I dial my 10-digit number to access my voicemail. It's normally programmed to the 1 (W) key by default. You can also program your passcode so you don't have to enter it. Green phone key / Menu / Options / Voice Mail

I've never dialed *86.
    01-25-09 07:37 PM
    Thanks for the response Jeff. I just tried my 10 digit number and got the same thing. (My name's John), when i dial i hear this "Hi john, john is not here right now please leave a message after the beep" and then beeps for me to leave a message. Is it possible the storm has a different voicemail setup from other blackberries?
    01-25-09 07:42 PM
    That seems unlikely. Try this. Go to your Speed dial settings. Delete whatever is associated with the W key. If nothing is there, put a number, any number, back out to save it, then go back in and delete it. Back out, then pull your battery to force a reboot. When you come back up, your voicemail number should be programmed in the 1(w) position. Press and hold 1 to dial it, and see what happens.
    01-25-09 07:47 PM
    I went to my speed dial list. My number was already listed for #1 speed dial. I pressed the menu button and i have no edit or delete option for the #1 speed dial. I dialed this speed dial and got the same thing i've been getting: my phone's voicemail.
    01-25-09 07:59 PM
    If the Storm identifes its speed dials by number instead of letter, then it does work differently than my 8830 and I will have to defer to another Storm user to help you. On my 8830, it is the W speed-dial key that holds the voice mail number.
    01-25-09 08:06 PM
    have any storm users had similar problems or do any of you know possible remedies to my problems? Thanks.
    01-25-09 08:23 PM
    are no other people experiencing these problems?
    01-26-09 07:12 AM
    Call VZW and ask them to reset your VM.
    01-26-09 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD