I have an icon at the top of my storm, in the middle that won't go away. Sorry, I don't have a photo. It looks like this, kinda o_o. And there is a "1" to the left. I think it was a voicemail icon. but no matter what I do, it wont go away.

Help please
    12-27-08 08:32 PM
    Known bug, should be fixed with the next update?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 08:41 PM
    I had this problem after I first got the phone. I upgraded to OS .75 right aftdr it came out and I haven't had the problem since.
    12-27-08 08:52 PM
    That's true. I haven't noticed this problem with .75

12-27-08 09:09 PM
    Call Verizon its a known bug on their end. They will make you delete VM amd do a bunch of
    Battery pulls and tell you to hook up to dM. Just tell them you did all that. Eventually you'll get
    There.

12-27-08 09:34 PM
    My phone came loaded with .75, so I'm guessing they've still got a bug. And I've deleted all my VMs AND pulled the battery (but that was to fix lockups).

I'll give VZW a call and tell them I've done it all and ask what the fix is.
    12-27-08 10:01 PM
    I think its more related to doing an OS load to the device that clears the vm indicator, rather then a bug fix in .75. I had the same issue - Verizon had me do the same things, delete VVM, install it, delete it etc, in addition to deleting and readding it to my account several times and none of this worked. It was only when I loaded .75 that it cleared up. Perhaps a wipe and reload of .75 might work... jm2c..
    12-27-08 10:20 PM
    So I usually like to fix things my self, but with the VM bug, the tech support people need to turn all your feature off then turn them back on. Now, this may not work for everyone but i just got rid of that damn VM indicator with the Tech support people by doing just that ( or letting tech do it ) for once i had a good experiance with tech, if you have this bug just call them. Crackberry FTW
    01-28-09 12:30 PM
    I haven't tried the wipe and reload yet. Can someone let me know if that gets rid of the VM icon. My storm runs on .75 with that problem

01-28-09 01:35 PM
    Known bug, I had this issue when I first recieved by storm. I upgraded to .90 then went back down to .75 and the issue has not been back since.
    01-28-09 01:43 PM
    I had this problem once, and I just did a reset and it fixed things right up.
    01-28-09 01:45 PM
    I had the same issue when i first set up visiual voice mail. I had to call to have them reset the voice mall on the vz server. Once they reset it i started getting the new voice mall icon. "little blue guy"
    01-28-09 08:31 PM
    Verify that you dont have any voicemails, then call and leave yourself a voicemail, then go in and delete the message after listening to the message, and it should clear the indicator, has happened to me before(not on a storm) and thats how i have always fixed it, its worth a shot!
    01-28-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD