I have 2 voicemails according to the icon on the top of the screen under the time. I called in to voicemail, no messages. I tried a battery pull... no luck. Also, reactivated the phone with verizon, still nothing.

Any ideas?
    11-23-08 10:37 AM
    Yup I have the same thing. I called tech support he spoke to his lead there is a known issue and there hoping to have it fixed tonight or tomorrow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 10:47 AM
    Yup I have the same thing. I called tech support he spoke to his lead there is a known issue and there hoping to have it fixed tonight or tomorrow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

and that would mean that we would get it back in an over the air update?
    11-23-08 10:50 AM
    i have the same thing but it is with the sms icon.. its really bothering me..
    11-23-08 10:57 AM
    OP, do you have visual voicemail activated? that was my problem. I had to call cs and have them remove regular and visual voicemail and then clear out and reinstall.
    11-23-08 11:00 AM
    --click the screen so all the apps icons show up
    --click the menu button
    --click "show all"
    --find and click the messages icon (the one with a plain envelope, no globe or anything)
    --delete the messages you see in there regarding your vmail email and texts...
    11-23-08 11:02 AM
    Thanks for the info, I couldn't figure out why it kept saying I had a message. Is it absolutely neccessary to call in to have regular voice mail turned "off" won't they synchronize at some point? I am hesitant to turn off the regular voice mail, because there are locations I go to, where I cannot take my phone in the facility and regular voice mail would be my only form of retrieval.
    11-23-08 11:05 AM
    Thanks for the info, I couldn't figure out why it kept saying I had a message. Is it absolutely neccessary to call in to have regular voice mail turned "off" won't they synchronize at some point? I am hesitant to turn off the regular voice mail, because there are locations I go to, where I cannot take my phone in the facility and regular voice mail would be my only form of retrieval.
    You can have both activated. I do.

For me, it was the fact that I activated visual voicemail WHEN I had voicemails in the regular voicemail bank. That screwed everything up. Just be sure to have cleared the voicemails before activating vv.
    11-23-08 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD