Cant get the voicemail icon at top of screen under the date to go away. Deleted the visual voicemails and the voicemails in the system and still wont go away. Tried removing battery too. It looks like a little cassette tape icon, two circles with a line underneath connecting the circles. Any ideas on how to get rid of this. Also, everytime I get a missed call now it says I have two new voicemails, but I dont. Thanks!
    11-30-08 03:05 PM
    I too had that problem, try updating your os, since that seemed to get rid of that problem for me!
    11-30-08 03:07 PM
    call yourself, leave a message and mark it urgent. Then call your voicemail with *86 then listen and make sure to delete it. Then DO NOT hang up, make sure you hit * to end the call.
    11-30-08 03:08 PM
    Thanks for the help! Just tried it but icon still there. Weird?
    11-30-08 03:32 PM
    There are a few threads like this. Here is what folks have done, including myself, to correct this problem:

Call verizon (with a phone other than the storm) and have them disable/turn off visual voicemail. Have the operator call you and let them leave a message on your voicemail account. Get the message left and delete it. Have the verizon tech dude enable visual voicemail again.

This worked like a charm for me. I read that there is a glitch in setting up visual voicemail so close to the actual phone set up.

The tech person I talked to had no idea about this so just tell 'em the problem and then give them the solution with the directions above.

Good luck!
    11-30-08 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD