I've been talking about a feature like this for years!

Having voicemail download directly to your phone for easy playback.

the iphone does this.

1) this means not having to waste your airtime on checking your messages (i have an alternate solution for this read below ***)

2) this means not having to waste YOUR time waiting - waiting for the call to connect, for "please enter your password" for "you have x new messages, y saved messages, etc..."

I have my phone programmed to automatically wait and enter the password and wait and hit 11 to hear the newest messages...

Perhaps this should be in 3rd Party Apps - Can someone make an app for this? or does it have to be telus mobility (canada)/RIM ?

*** my voicemail is one of my fav 5 numbers. (I pay $10/mo to have unlimited access to 5 numbers)

IMAGINE THIS SCENERIO: Notification of a missed call (as per usual) option to be taken to voicemail screen, Once on the screen you just simply click the new voicemail in the list and hit play. You could skip ahead, rewind just as you do with media player video files.. don't have to hit save, 'cause it's automatically saved until you delete it.
    Last edited by SoCracked; 01-25-09 at 12:20 PM.
    01-25-09 12:18 PM
    Doesnt Visual Voicemail do this for verizon folks?
    01-25-09 12:22 PM
    It's easy to make an app for this, but you still need the carrier to support it before it will do you any good.

You can see if YouMail will work with Telus. If it does, then there's VyMail for the Storm.
    01-25-09 12:24 PM
    It does but I think its only avail for the LG "something" and its a subscription thing. I could be wrong tho.
    01-25-09 12:28 PM

Yes it does and it is great. $2.99/month and worth every penny. First month is free. Works exactly as described in the OP's wish list. Unfortunately his carrier is Telus. Maybe if enough Telus users ask for it they might considering offering it.
    01-25-09 12:30 PM
    VyMail is close. I use VVM for my Verizon and VyMail to "push" my AT&T VM to my storm.
    01-25-09 12:34 PM
    It would be nice to find an application that is free. Call me cheap but it's not fun to fork out extra money to Verizon every month. ;-) I do like the idea of the voicemail being automatically downloaded to the phone.
    01-25-09 02:09 PM
    It does but I think its only avail for the LG "something" and its a subscription thing. I could be wrong tho.
    you are. VVM also works on the Storm for Verizon folks.
    01-25-09 02:22 PM
    Are there any "free" voicemail programs out there for the storm?
    01-25-09 02:36 PM
    YouMail can be set to send you an email with an attachment of the voicemail. It's free and serves the purpose the OP is asking for.
    01-25-09 02:38 PM
    YouMail can be set to send you an email with an attachment of the voicemail. It's free and serves the purpose the OP is asking for.
    Thanks! I've tried that in the past and didn't really care for it. I'll keep looking around.
    01-25-09 02:42 PM
    I think you mean the LG Voyager, and I believe the Chocolate 3 also has it. The Dare was supposed to be getting it a long time ago, but it has failed to materialize AFAIK. The Storm also has this available to it.
    01-25-09 03:50 PM
    Good to know...I'm sure its a helpful app. Would be good to have across the board.
    01-25-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD