don't know if this has already been posted but just thought i'd share

New BlackBerry Storm Video!!
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 10-02-08 at 04:12 PM. Reason: link added
    10-02-08 02:39 PM
    oh **** thanks for posting this!
    10-02-08 02:45 PM
    This is very cool. Always better to see it in action. Now let the debate rage about the "wireless modem."
    10-02-08 02:45 PM
    Nice find! Now when is Verizon going to do this???

Here is the link without having to delete the spaces

10-02-08 02:47 PM
    don't know if this has already been posted but just thought i'd share
    http:// www. youtube.com/watch?v=Z0i7a39BQpM
    i cant post links yet so there are spaces b/w http and www
    Doesn't work. Even when entered correctly, still doesn't work.

Edit: Must of typed it in wrong. Sorry. And thanks.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 10-02-08 at 02:49 PM.
    10-02-08 02:47 PM
    Did for me. Just search blackberry storm, it's like the third one that comes up in italian.
    10-02-08 02:50 PM
    Now let the debate rage about the "wireless modem."
    The "Wireless Modem" means it's capable of Bluetooth DUN. I'm sure the one we get here in the States will be able to do it too, since I already do it with my Voyager.
    10-02-08 02:51 PM
    Unreallll, 2 Things...

1. It Say's Voice And Data - Can Do Two Things At Once.... Unreal, Can Surf The Net While Talking On The Phone.. This Is Awesome.... at 25 seconds into the video

2. Love How Fast They Show It Typing At The Begining Of The Video!

That's Why It Will Destroy The I-phone And Any Other Device, This Will Have 8 Million Features!!!!!
    10-02-08 02:52 PM
    So can we assume that the official announcement is right around the corner?
    10-02-08 02:53 PM
    2. Love How Fast They Show It Typing At The Begining Of The Video!
    I didn't even peep that at first! That is pretty fast....
    10-02-08 02:56 PM
    WOW !

In the faint voice of the beautiful Jessica Simpson......
    " I don't know everything it does, but I want it"
    10-02-08 03:00 PM
    Yeah but that's just a demonstration, not someone actually typing. I guess it should represent it in a way though of what it's capable of.
    10-02-08 03:00 PM
    WOW !

In the faint voice of the beautiful Jessica Simpson......

" I don't know everything it does, but I want it"
    10-02-08 03:01 PM
    By the way, this presentation is obviously for the 9500. The 9530 will NOT be able to do voice and data simultaneously. Only GSM phones can do this on a WCDMA or EDGE network. For CDMA, there are two separate streams, 1XRTT for voice and 2G data and EVDO for 3G DATA. EVDO stands for evolution data only, as in no voice. So no simultaneity.
    10-02-08 03:16 PM
    By the way, this presentation is obviously for the 9500. The 9530 will NOT be able to do voice and data simultaneously. Only GSM phones can do this on a WCDMA or EDGE network. For CDMA, there are two separate streams, 1XRTT for voice and 2G data and EVDO for 3G DATA. EVDO stands for evolution data only, as in no voice. So no simultaneity.
    And people claim EVDO is better... Anyways, the vid is on the front page.

Now you all see what I've been using for the past two weeks. See why I'm so stoked?? Good job OP.
    10-02-08 03:21 PM
    1. It Say's Voice And Data - Can Do Two Things At Once.... Unreal, Can Surf The Net While Talking On The Phone.. This Is Awesome.... at 25 seconds into the video
    However, notice at the end of the statement "It can do two things at once", there are 3 numbers in superscript, meaning that there are more details about it in the fine print.

So there's more to the story... what? i don't know

maybe when a call comes, the data session is put on hold, and when you hang up the data session is resumed from where you were... maybe that's what they mean by that?
    Last edited by EraserXIV; 10-02-08 at 03:33 PM.
    10-02-08 03:21 PM
    why can't the EVDO and 1X stream both receive and broadcast at the same time? is there a technological limitation in the hardware?
    10-02-08 03:24 PM
    Nice. thats a cool sam sparro song also
    10-02-08 03:25 PM
    Eraser, that is what I get from it. BBs do that now and its good enough for me.
    10-02-08 03:27 PM
    why can't the EVDO and 1X stream both receive and broadcast at the same time? is there a technological limitation in the hardware?
    It is a software and hardware limitation. It'd be like trying to view two channels at once on a TV. Originally, EVDO was supposed to be EVDV-evolution data and voice, but Qualcomm ended up not going though with it because CDMA providers had already started putting up EVDO. But 1XRTT voice quality far surpasses GSM, EDGE, and WCDMA. And EVDO is in over 10x as many locations as HSPA for AT&T. And at the moment, faster, too. So when Verizon has LTE up in 2010, AT&T won't even start LTE infrastructure until 2013. So I will go with the currently faster, more reliable, more widespread network, while the only limitation is not being able to do voice and data simultaneously.
    10-02-08 03:31 PM
    It is a software and hardware limitation. It'd be like trying to view two channels at once on a TV. Originally, EVDO was supposed to be EVDV-evolution data and voice, but Qualcomm ended up not going though with it because CDMA providers had already started putting up EVDO. But 1XRTT voice quality far surpasses GSM, EDGE, and WCDMA. And EVDO is in over 10x as many locations as HSPA for AT&T. And at the moment, faster, too. So when Verizon has LTE up in 2010, AT&T won't even start LTE infrastructure until 2013. So I will go with the currently faster, more reliable, more widespread network, while the only limitation is not being able to do voice and data simultaneously.
    AT&T is currently preforming LTE trials in Europe.
    10-02-08 03:39 PM
    It is a software and hardware limitation. It'd be like trying to view two channels at once on a TV.
    that's why there's Picture in Picture!

but on a more serious note, if it's anything similar to TV... would it be possible to somehow implement it in the future with some soft of hardware-software upgrade? i mean in the past no one ever though of having PIP on TV, but when it came along it was pretty big. can this same concept apply to 1X and EVDO?

or would it not even be worth the effort to implement this? would a future upgrade to something like EVD-voice and data (or LTE) be a more economical/effiicent choice? (instead of fixing something that's broken, starting over and building something new that's going to be better anyway)

another question: does LTE support voice and data at the same time?
    Last edited by EraserXIV; 10-02-08 at 03:42 PM.
    10-02-08 03:39 PM
    AT&T is currently preforming LTE trials in Europe.
    AT&T expected to launch LTE 'within five years' (Phone Arena)
    Everyone is performing trials, but AT&T wants to get the last (though they barely have any) out of their HSPA infrastructure. So while speeds on AT&T will remain at their current level, perhaps a little higher, Verizon wants to convert to LTE ASAP. Of course, I imagine for 2 or 3 years, many phones will be CDMA/LTE until the network is built out completely, but I appreciate the speed and abundance of EVDO Rev.A. While AT&T HSPA may be wonderful, I need to be able to receive it on a constant basis, wherever I go, and not have my speeds incredibly slow because of the mass of iPhone 3G users.
    10-02-08 03:45 PM
    that's why there's Picture in Picture!

but on a more serious note, if it's anything similar to TV... would it be possible to somehow implement it in the future with some soft of hardware-software upgrade? i mean in the past no one ever though of having PIP on TV, but when it came along it was pretty big. can this same concept apply to 1X and EVDO?

or would it not even be worth the effort to implement this? would a future upgrade to something like EVD-voice and data (or LTE) be a more economical/effiicent choice? (instead of fixing something that's broken, starting over and building something new that's going to be better anyway)

another question: does LTE support voice and data at the same time?
    I am sure it is possible, but since LTE will come into the picture, which can do both at the same time, it is an unnecessary addition.
    10-02-08 03:50 PM
    I am sure it is possible, but since LTE will come into the picture, which can do both at the same time, it is an unnecessary addition.
    i see. well how do these LTE upgrades work? do they upgrade the existing infrastructure, or do they build an entirely new one from the ground up?

i know in semiconductor chip manufacturing, whenever they upgrade to a new process (ie shrink die size from 45nm to 32nm), they need to build an entirely new fabrication plant (FAB). the old FAB cannot be used in the new manufacturing process and is either abandoned/sold or used to produce low-end chips.
    10-02-08 03:56 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD