hi, unlocked a blackberry storm and when i go to put the imei and pin onto orange BIS, it says its not recognised for this network or something?

can i not use the unlocked storm on Orange?
    12-14-08 11:39 AM
    Yes you can.

If you have an active Blackberry tariff set up from the Device. Look for an email set up icon in the set up folder if you have one. Whilst here create a username and password which you can then use on the orange website.

Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 11:47 AM
    LOL, you beat me to it Hazy
    As Hazy says, do everything on the phone first before going to the web to do the registration there.
    12-14-08 11:50 AM
    at the minute, i have a bold on orange, do i need to set up a new orange BIS, i was just changing my exiosting account to this pin and imei
    12-14-08 11:52 AM
    If ypu have an existing account log into your current BIS page. It should automatically detect the new pin and imeiand ask ypu if you want to switch. Follow any prompts and all should be well.

12-14-08 12:07 PM
    hi, if i go to orange BIS on the internet, and change device to this pin and imei it says 'The information you provide is not valid with this service provider' and if i go to email setup on the blackberry with my orange sim in the phone, it only allows me to set up BES?
    12-14-08 01:41 PM
    When you go to the internet site you must have your orange sim in the device. It should then automatically detect the new PIN and IMEI and ask you if you want to switch. You sshouldnt need to enter the pin and imei manually.

So try it with the sim in if you haven't already.

Let us know how it goes.

12-14-08 01:47 PM
    i dont have a browser on my storm? the button? im on small letters gprs?

therefore i cant go to orange BIS on my storm?
    12-14-08 01:57 PM
    Can you get internet on the storm?
    12-14-08 02:00 PM
    no, i cant get internet on it? i did the transfer from one blackberry to another on the desktop manager
    12-14-08 02:02 PM
    Try the BIS webpage from your pc.

Also try going to options > advanced options >host routing table > menu >register now. If sucessful you should get a registration message and a browser.
    Last edited by Hazysky; 12-14-08 at 02:05 PM.
    12-14-08 02:02 PM
    Bumping so I can post a URL.
    12-14-08 02:03 PM
    ok, i got it registered on the network and changed my details on orange BIS on the internet, but ive still no browser and if i go to email setup, it is only allowing BES setup?
    12-14-08 02:38 PM
    You may need to push or download service books from Orange.

I would first try a battery pull.
    12-14-08 02:42 PM
    Ok

When you changed your details on the orange BIS site did you re send the service books?

You are actually going to the set up wizard not the email set up icon.

Look for an icon called set up (it has a cog on it) open it, in there should be an email settings icon. This is what you want. If you do not have this then your registration has not completed. But, if you managed to change the details on Oranges web site you shouldn't really need to go here and set up again but its worth a try. The website (pc) may not be syncing properly.

Failng that try a battery pull before trying again.

Just checking : you can make calls and send texts ok?
    12-14-08 02:45 PM
    appears to be working now, thanks everyone
    12-14-08 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD