Guys

Had a storm upgrade delivered last Friday and had problems setting up e-mail and instant messenger. After speaking to Vodafone support yesterday they advised that I don't have this feature on my new price plan and it is �10 per month.
    The price plan which was offered to me was 600mins, unlimited texts and free data and there was no mention of �10 to use the Blackberry features. I have had a whinge at Vodafone and they just told me to return it under the 14 day agreement.

Can anyone clarify this �10 per month charge before I go ape sh*t at Vodafone?

Thanks
    02-24-09 07:13 AM
    Orange caught me out in a similar way, although in my case I couldn't blame them as I got the BB/contract through a third party.
    Vodafone are 'right' in what they are saying if it is the same as Orange -meaning that 'data' and 'BlackBerry' services are different things.
    Not sure if that helps or not, but I thought i'd get the ball rolling with a reply.
    02-24-09 07:18 AM
    Thanks.

Can anyone on a Vodafone contract shed any light on this?
    02-24-09 07:21 AM
    Hiya,

I have a storm on 600 minutes, unlimited texts and free data

I am paying �45 (i think) per month and have no problems with msn or any of my email accounts (gmail and aol)

Pete
    Last edited by pmanuk; 02-24-09 at 08:06 AM.
    02-24-09 08:03 AM
    Just spoke to Vodafone returns, the reason for this is that the person who sold me my upgrade did not upgraede my price plan on there system. It has all been updated now and they advised me to power up the Blackberry in a couple of hours and the Internet service will be live.

Thanks for your help guys.
    02-24-09 08:34 AM
    Im with vodafone which my price plan says:
    BB 600 mins & unlimited text and internet
    For �35 a month

strange i thought they ask you if you wanted a bb contract but mine is a 24 contract though
    02-24-09 08:38 AM
    It's one of those annoying 'new customer' things, I'm afraid. Having a data plan thrown in for a new customer is �5, whilst existing customers pay more (it's either 7.50 or a tenner).

I actually double checked what I was getting, since on the business plans, you pay so much for internet, then the same again for the BES. They told me that they consider business to be higher usage, as I thought. Last thing I wanted was to get the Storm, then get pasted for emails.
    02-24-09 09:30 AM
    Ive been with them for 2 years and yet i get it all in for �35
    02-24-09 09:39 AM
    Ive been with them for 2 years and yet i get it all in for �35
    Thanks for that, nice to hear proof of Vodafone giving existing customers a fair deal compared to new. Actually got the Storm after getting kicked in the teeth by T-Mobile over upgrading. Really glad of it now, since I would have had a G1...
    02-24-09 10:25 AM
    Thanks for that, nice to hear proof of Vodafone giving existing customers a fair deal compared to new. Actually got the Storm after getting kicked in the teeth by T-Mobile over upgrading. Really glad of it now, since I would have had a G1...
    yeah i find them good, i was with t-mobile and o2 before i was with vodafone
    02-24-09 03:54 PM
    I get 600 mins, unlimited texts and bb internet for 45 a month. I am on an 18 month contract.
    02-25-09 12:05 AM
    Hi
    I have no had an Iphone on 02 and have had a few problems with the phone, in the last three weeks 4 out of 5 calls would just show missed call i spoke to 02 i have had the phone 10 months so not due an upgrade yet (18 mnth contract) they have supplied me with an 8310 with no charge kept me on �35a month and have swaped my tarrif over to blackberry service and have given me the �10 full blackberry service free of charge, and they have said i can now upgrade in 2 months because i am not on an Iphone tarrif i have bought a Storm and have had no problems at all i think it is a far more superior unit to the Iphone, even the 8310 is a better unit. i get 600 mins and 1000 text for �35 not a bad deal.

Tonynw
    Last edited by tonynw; 02-25-09 at 03:16 PM.
    02-25-09 03:13 PM
    Hey,

Im with VF. Im paying 40� per month for 600 mins. unlimited texts, internet and email (18mth contract). Ive had no problems... best place to post to ask is Vodafone eForum VF mods will be able to help you
    02-25-09 03:51 PM
    Guys

Had a storm upgrade delivered last Friday and had problems setting up e-mail and instant messenger. After speaking to Vodafone support yesterday they advised that I don't have this feature on my new price plan and it is �10 per month.
    The price plan which was offered to me was 600mins, unlimited texts and free data and there was no mention of �10 to use the Blackberry features. I have had a whinge at Vodafone and they just told me to return it under the 14 day agreement.

Can anyone clarify this �10 per month charge before I go ape sh*t at Vodafone?

Thanks
    Hi, this happened to me too.

I simply went into the store because I was sick of speaking ot people all over the world in between being on hold for 10 mins a time.

I went in and asked this guy saying that they quoted me an extra �10 a month. He said they were right. I pointed to the advert for the storm (the same plan you are on) and he typed my number into the computer and said "o yea, you should already have that on".

After this, he sent the new service books to my phone and all was sorted...

I take it you dont have the App Center icon on your menu?

Just go into store...
    02-25-09 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD