Hi- I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with Visual Voicemail. This has happened a few times, most recently yesterday. I have a missed call indicator, but no indication that I have a voicemail. Later the person who called asks if I got their voicemail. So I go into VVM, no messages, I hit options, Check New Messages, and the voicemail shows up. I can see a few minutes, but in this case, the voicemail was over 6 hours old. I have had times though where the voicemail shows up right away.

Has anyone else run into this? Is is a VZW issue or a Storm issue? It says I'm running the latest version of VVM (1.19.16), and I'm running .148 OS. I like VVM but obviously I need to be alerted when I get a voicemail.

Thanks for any ideas.
    07-01-09 06:39 AM
    I had this issue from the sart in November with VVM. I spent quite a bit of time with tech support over this issue. Some notifications were taking six or more hours. I finally gave up in January. Subsequently, I occasionally reinstall VVM and give it a try to see if the issue was fixed. After a few days of use, the problem resurfaces and I don't get voice mail notifications. Each time, I have to call VZW to cancel, since they have to take it off your bill and reconfigure your settings.
    So I see by your post, seven months into VVM, some people still have this issue.
    VZW believes it is some sort of bug with SMS not sending the VVM notification(it uses SMS to tell you that you have a voice mail). But my SMS does not have any problem.
    Good luck.
    07-01-09 07:13 AM
    Interesting, thanks for the reply. I don't seem to have any issue getting any other SMS messages. I guess I'll just get rid of VVM until they get it figured out.
    07-01-09 06:53 PM
    I have the 8230 and the same issue, ive re downloaded it a couple of times but after a while it does the same thing...... So I don't know.
    07-01-09 07:07 PM
    VVM Stinks get youmail it's free too
    07-01-09 07:09 PM
    I have the same problem, although the upgrade to .16 seems to have cut down on the issue quite a bit. Not sure if the previous poster is on to something though and maybe just re-installing was what fixed the problem or if the update did it.

I am so ticked at Verizon for the crappy VVM interface and operation. I started another thread about it but even with the 'upgrade' it still stinks. I often can't scroll to get to all of my messages, when I put the phone to my ear the message stops playing (I thought I was hitting something by accident but now I think it's because the VVM player stops when the screen orientation changes?!?! - still not sure though).

So on and on , didn't mean to hijack your thread but yeah, I think Verizon's VVM stinks. Just terrible implementation all around.

Sorry I don't have a solution for you - just comiserating and letting you know you're not alone
    Jay
    07-02-09 06:59 AM
    Why people continue to pay Verizon for their crappy VVM is beyond me. Youmail is a "free" app that works great and is customizable right down to setting individual greetings for your contacts. It caller id's all calls even those not on your contact list and allows you to ditch blocked numbers. The standard Youmail greeting uses your uploaded contact list and actually says the name of the person calling in the greeting....friends always get a kick out of it when they call. Youmail is awesome and if you want to pay a few bucks a month you can have them transcribe your voicemail into text, easy enough to listen for free in my opinion though.
    07-02-09 08:56 AM
    im still using VyMail, like it better.
    07-02-09 10:26 AM
    Hi- I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with Visual Voicemail. This has happened a few times, most recently yesterday. I have a missed call indicator, but no indication that I have a voicemail. Later the person who called asks if I got their voicemail. So I go into VVM, no messages, I hit options, Check New Messages, and the voicemail shows up. I can see a few minutes, but in this case, the voicemail was over 6 hours old. I have had times though where the voicemail shows up right away.

Has anyone else run into this? Is is a VZW issue or a Storm issue? It says I'm running the latest version of VVM (1.19.16), and I'm running .148 OS. I like VVM but obviously I need to be alerted when I get a voicemail.

Thanks for any ideas.
    I had that problem when I upgraded to the latest verison. After a couple of days I didn't have that problem anymore. I even tested myself by calling and leaving a message. I get the notification instant!
    07-02-09 12:14 PM
    Did you ever get this resolved. I have the same problem. That is I do not get vm notifications. I am on the storm and the lastest os and vvm. I was on the phone with verizon for 2 hours and still have the problem. I did a hard reset and reloaded vvm. Still have the problem.
    07-09-09 04:17 PM
    Nope, never did get it resolved. I switched back to standard VM and uninstalled the VVM app. I'm looking at youmail though with the vymail app, that seems to be working good so far.
    07-09-09 06:47 PM
    Did you ever get this resolved. I have the same problem. That is I do not get vm notifications. I am on the storm and the lastest os and vvm. I was on the phone with verizon for 2 hours and still have the problem. I did a hard reset and reloaded vvm. Still have the problem.
    I've got the same prob with my tour.. hasn't worked right once. spent 4 hrs!!! on the phone with VZ and accomplished nothing...
    10-13-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD