Anyone else having issues with visual voicemail?

I keep getting a message about how my PIN has changed when it hasn't...

OS .75
    12-15-08 11:58 AM
    Yep. Me too - same issue.

I have called Verizon and they opened a ticket for me after trying to delete the app from the phone and then downloading the app to the phone a second time to see if it would resolve the issue. No such luck....

I got two Storm's one for my wife and one for myself...from day 1:

Wife never activated her's due to all the issues I had with mine - one was never getting the Visual Voice Mail to work properly (I could never log in - you'd put the password in and the screen would simply sit there)

After roughly 8 hours (no joke) with various tech people at Verizon - they simply declared my phone to be a bad apple - and actually had me activate the wife's phone for myself - worked better...actually got the visual voicemail to operate - and all was well....until I woke up this morning checked the phone for messages and saw that it was telling me my password had changed....

Seriously - what a complete and total POS!!!

Wife's Curve she opted for came today...she's happy. No bugs, no problems.

The Storm was/is so close to being a great phone - just SO many issues though...if it wasn't for the email push capability - I would no longer purchase any Blackberry products based on my ownership experiences with my 8830 and now the 9530 Storm.

My 2 cents.
    12-15-08 01:21 PM
    In all honesty, I'm trying to like VVM, when it works, I absolutely love it, but more often than not, the volume blows, or I get the message an hour after i've already got it through my regular vm. $2.99 a month, i'll try for 1 more month then i'm out.

BTW, OP, try uninstalling and reinstalling, it's bad, but not THAT bad

VVM OTA
    12-15-08 01:28 PM
    Don't get me wrong...I like the Storm...it's frustrating as **** - but I still like it.

The VVM is awesome (when it works)...especially when you have a bunch of saved voicemails and you need to listen to one that is 8 messages in your saved group! When working the VVM always popped up a minute or two after a missed call stating the new VM...so no problems when it was working.

I just don't understand the error I am now getting that pretty much disables my use of the feature - and I get to pay $2.99 to boot!
    12-15-08 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD