So today I finally got my bill since I got the Storm and when I opened I was pissed. Reason why, because Verizon charges a subscription for that feature which I think so tolal BULLS*IT. Now the reason why I say that is,

One I was never told there was a fee for it buy the sales people, they just said hey you got this cool feature look at this I said sure.

Second what the F@ck you telling me I got to pay a service for this and its not included with the BB package kiss my @ss. So I called and told them look no one told me it was a fee and they took it off but I asked why is it a fee.

They told me because only some phones have that feature. Oh that makes a lot of sense to me. I dont know if Im the only one that feels like this.
    12-21-08 12:44 AM
    yep unfortunately it's $2.99/mo. We don't have it, I can look at my call log to figure out who left me a message or not. As far as I know only 3 phones have it right now.
    12-21-08 12:50 AM
    Isn't it included in the iPhone's data plan?
    12-21-08 12:52 AM
    Worth every penny for me. It save me a bunch of time during the workday. I can choose which messages to listen to and which can wait until later.
    Lol I feel your anger buddy. Verizon tries to nickel and dime their customers for every stupid little thing. You kinda get used to it after a while sadly. At first I was super PO but I've been with Verizon since I was 16 so I'm over it. Eventually it'll be part of your plan though. They always do that. Any "new" features that they get, you end up having to pay for it then after a while they end up making it part of some ridiculously high prices package.
    The whole BB plan doesn't make too much sense either. You can get unlimited text, e-mail, and internet on a normal phone and not have to pay an extra $29.99 but just because you have a BB it costs more to have the same features MINUS the VZ Navi which is included on normal phones.
    Moral of the story, you kinda have to put up with being nickel and dimes by Verizon, at least for the time being, if you wanna stick with the Storm. I'm sorry. Just know that your not alone. I'm just as pist as you are
    to me it's well worth the 10 cents a day
    12-21-08 12:53 AM
    Isn't it included in the iPhone's data plan?
    Yes....Verizon needs to take a hint
    12-21-08 12:53 AM
    great feature.
    great price.
    12-21-08 12:54 AM
    to me it's well worth the 10 cents a day
    Not to say the feature isn't worth having for that price its just the principal of the matter that they're already charging us for the stupid BB plan without constituting the difference between that and the Premium Plan plus Apple has it included in the Iphone plan. Come on Verizon throw us a fricken bone here!
    12-21-08 12:55 AM
    A company charging for a service...go figure
    12-21-08 12:56 AM
    Yes....Verizon needs to take a hint
    And isn't the iPhone data package add-on only $20/month?
    12-21-08 12:56 AM
    When I installed the app on my BB Storm- there was a notification that VSW did charge $2.99 for this service. This was about 2 weeks ago. I did away with my $10 text package- since VSW now offers free in texting (and all my family is already on VSW) and picked up the VVM. It was something I was willing to pay for.
    Last edited by DallasinPcola; 12-21-08 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Because I can't type...
    12-21-08 12:57 AM
    Just saying, it coulda been included. The technically they're still charging us for it.
    12-21-08 12:59 AM
    I love it. I'd love it more if it were free, but like Graz mentioned, it saves me time and that is a huge thing in my frantic work right now.
    12-21-08 01:01 AM
    Not to say the feature isn't worth having for that price its just the principal of the matter that they're already charging us for the stupid BB plan without constituting the difference between that and the Premium Plan plus Apple has it included in the Iphone plan. Come on Verizon throw us a fricken bone here!
    the reason att doesnt charge for it is because they probably werent sure if they could and get away with it. verizon is a lot more aggressive then att. but i bet if you give it some time, they will start charging for it. it does suck that it isnt free, but 5 cents a day is worth it for me! (i work for verizon so i get a discount).
    12-21-08 01:05 AM
    perhaps there is a fee since it lets you create a specific personalized greeting for different people.

And no, ATT charges $30 for the iphone data plan, just like VZW.

Link
    12-21-08 01:05 AM
    perhaps there is a fee since it lets you create a specific personalized greeting for different people.

And no, ATT charges $30 for the iphone data plan, just like VZW.

LINK
    I think he was asking if the Visual Voicemail was free, not the data plan
    12-21-08 01:07 AM
    I think he was asking if the Visual Voicemail was free, not the data plan
    Yes I understand that, the first part of my post was concerning V-VM, then someone else state "isn't the iphone data plan also only $20 a month" so that is why I posted the link.
    12-21-08 01:08 AM
    Its 2.99 a month, get a job and stop crying.
    12-21-08 01:10 AM
    the reason att doesnt charge for it is because they probably werent sure if they could and get away with it. verizon is a lot more aggressive then att. but i bet if you give it some time, they will start charging for it. it does suck that it isnt free, but 5 cents a day is worth it for me! (i work for verizon so i get a discount).
    You lucky ducky! My friend works for Verizon and always tells me about her discount. Darn you people! Lol jk
    I am guessing that Verizon will actually add the VVM plan to the packages once it becomes more common on their new devices. So I guess we'll have to see.
    I highly doubt that AT&T would make the unwise decision to start charging for it after having it included for so long. That would be a very ignorant move on their part. Especially with no justification. There would have to be some awesome updated version or something before they can start convincing consumers to start paying extra after having it handed to them for free
    I have to say that I completely agree with your statement of Verizon being more aggressive, especially when it comes to making money on every little thing.
    12-21-08 01:11 AM
    I do have a job ****. We're not debating the actual price posted but the fact that they are nickel and diming us without a good reason. At least not in my opinion. What is with people getting all **** hurt if they say one bad thing about Verizon or the Storm. Jeez people have an open mind and stop being so damn rude
    12-21-08 01:13 AM
    Lol I didn't even post bad words. That's funny. Makes me look like super pist
    12-21-08 01:14 AM
    No $HIT! seriously, he also stated the rep showed him the feature and made it seem like it was included with everything. When I got my phone I also received a number of papers/receipts which details everything that came with my service. I read it before I walked out the store. Anything that was on there that I didn't want to be charged for I got corrected.
    12-21-08 01:15 AM
    Lol I didn't even post bad words. That's funny. Makes me look like super pist
    LOL i think if you typed out the word i-d-i-o-t , it blanks it out.

SEE----> *****
    12-21-08 01:16 AM
    Lol funny. Makes someone seem a lot more vulgar.
    12-21-08 01:16 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD