Since upgrading to .75, I can't login to VVM. I've deleted and reinstalled the app from the App Center twice with no luck. The Login button doesn't respond and pressing the BB key then selecting Login from the menu causes the app to close back to the home screen.

I don't want to call VZW tech support yet because i'm running .75 (has it been officially released?) so I'm looking for suggestions.
    12-01-08 09:24 AM
    ^I talked to tech support yesterday they know about it. The guy on the phone said he just updated their own Storms at his call center.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 09:28 AM
    Good to know. I'll keep refreshing the App Center checking for a newer version.

Thanks.
    12-01-08 09:38 AM
    I'm running .75 and VVM ver. 1.19.2 with no problems.

I had to re-enter my PIN after the .75 upgrade but, other than that, no issues at all with it.
    12-01-08 09:44 AM
    Aww, you suck. Are you sure? I'm going to delete and install it again and this time throw a battery pull in between.
    12-01-08 09:47 AM
    just finished the .75 upgrade and VVM is working fine. I also had to re-enter my PIN though
    12-01-08 09:53 AM

I had to re-enter my PIN after the .75 upgrade but, other than that, no issues at all with it.

+1 here...I did delete my app center back at .65, maybe that's the problem, app center/vvm not compatible with .75?
    12-01-08 09:54 AM
    +1 here...I did delete my app center back at .65, maybe that's the problem, app center/vvm not compatible with .75?
    I've still got the App Center here...and VZ Nav. All working fine with .75
    12-01-08 01:13 PM
    Well, I've removed App Center and VVM again. Reinstalled in the same order and still no luck. I did a *228, updated and resent Service Books for good measure. nada!

I just called VZW because of the screen issue in the corners and they're sending me a new one this week so I'll pick this problem up again when the new Storm arrives hopefully without the issue.
    12-01-08 01:51 PM
    mine works fine
    12-01-08 03:26 PM
    i upgraded my storm to the .75 OS today along with my bosses. I noticed that after the upgrade my phone was missing th VVM but his still had it. I had to go into the app center and reinstall it. I thought that was a little weird.
    12-01-08 03:33 PM
    No issues here either. In fact everything is working like a champ on my storm for it being a 1st gen storm.
    12-01-08 03:47 PM
    I've tried removing it though the phone and DM with no luck.

When you uninstall/delete an app from the application list does it remove everything? Is there a way to ensure it's deleting all the associated files?
    12-01-08 06:29 PM
    Figured it out!

I had Content Protection enabled in Security. I guess VVM writes data to the card but can't bypass the protection during installation.

Once it was installed and signed in, I re-enabled protection and left a voicemail. All works perfect. I guess this might be a bug.
    12-01-08 08:26 PM

Same here, over 10vm's today, no issues.
    12-01-08 08:34 PM
    I too had a issue after the upgrade. I did a Security WIPE and reinstalled everything and it worked flawless after. I suggest you try it if you dont mind redoing your settings or you could do a backup before your wipe.

Manual Wipe: In order to perform a manual wipe of your entire BlackBerry, you will need to do the following: Options > Security Options > General Settings > Click the trackwheel/trackball on the Password field > Select �Wipe Handheld�. As with the above method you be prompted to enter �blackberry� (no quotes) in order confirm the system wipe.
    12-01-08 08:37 PM
    No need but thanks. It was simply having Content Protection enabled during install of the app. All works well again.
    12-01-08 08:58 PM
    I too have experienced no issues with this since the upgrade to .75 ...had to reset my pin, but that was it.
    12-02-08 07:36 AM
    Mine has worked since the .75 upgrade but I am getting occasional delays...like hours later my voicemails show up.
    12-04-08 06:48 AM
    My VM appears to be running, but it doesn't actually GET any voice mails. When i select CHECK NOW, it throws an XML error, and asks for my pin. It then works ONCE. But ... I still have to use the dial pad to actually GET my voice mail. It was working prior to .75 upgrade....

Anyone ELSE see the XML error message ?
    12-04-08 07:21 AM
    Yessir! I get "Incomplete XML, would you like to call your mailbox now?"

The only difference is, I'm on .65 still. I've had this problem for about 4 days now. Battery pull doesn't correct it. From my research (only found it mentioned once over @ blackberry's support forums), you need to call verizon, have them delete your VM box, then re-build it. At that point, you have to re-configure your VM, then all should be working. I have yet to call them as I was hoping there was an easier way.
    Last edited by jnick; 12-04-08 at 07:34 AM.
    12-04-08 07:31 AM
    I was having the exact same issue so I deleted VVM but when I went to reinstall, it is gone. Its not on my app list and not on DM anywhere. Any ideas where it went and how I can reinstall it?
    12-04-08 07:36 AM
    how do you guys like this app? *when working... and doesnt this app cost money? Just got my faulty screen storm and waiting for new one before doing anything special with it...

thanks in advance
    12-04-08 07:56 AM
    Hi, I just received my Storm yesterday and added Visual VoiceMail when logged into my Verizon account, I cannot find it on my Storm, called Verizon and was told it would show up after updating my roaming profiles, of course that did not work! Do i need to install the App center via Desktop Mgr. and then from the Storm, select and install Visual Voice Mail OTA?
    12-04-08 08:04 AM
    The only problem I've ever had a few times is that the password for VM seems to "disappear" and I have to reenter it randomly before it'll login.
    12-04-08 10:31 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD