When I go to the Desktop Manager and try to sync, I am using Vista, it gives me a "there is no more disk space to write the following history file:" I have tried to change the location, but it gives the same info. I am using the default location that RIM gave me. I HATE VISTA..............IT SUCKS......

Any idea how to get this to sync?

KW
    12-21-08 03:05 PM
    Are your disk drives nearly full? That message implies you are low on space.

Perhaps deleting some of the accumulated stuff would solve the problem.
    12-21-08 03:13 PM
    When I go to the Desktop Manager and try to sync, I am using Vista, it gives me a "there is no more disk space to write the following history file:" I have tried to change the location, but it gives the same info. I am using the default location that RIM gave me. I HATE VISTA..............IT SUCKS......

KW
    I have Vista and don't have any issues with synch. Sounds like a hardware issue not Vista. If you are sure you have enough clear space, perhaps try reloading DM 4.7 and see if that works.

If not, you should try Windows Mojave...I hear it's the bomb!!
    12-21-08 04:08 PM
    I have 64 bit Vista and I don't have any issues. Vista is an HDD hog so you need to make sure you have enough space.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 04:21 PM

KW
    Its not vista. It's your own specific computer problem. Using Vista 64 on 5 computers with no problems synchronizing to any one.
    12-21-08 04:55 PM
    definitely sounds like the user is having HD space problems on his computer...
    12-21-08 04:58 PM
    If you know you have plenty of room on your hard drive, uninstall desktop DM and download the newest one here BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com and see how that works.
    12-21-08 05:14 PM
    It was working fine. I built a new system and have 2 tb hd's. Space is not an issue. I am only running one system with Vista 64. The other 3 computers have XP. But, I use Vista for my main.

I will try to reload DM.

Thanks, this is a great site.

Jeff
    12-22-08 09:13 AM
    no problems on vista for me either.
    12-22-08 09:50 AM
    I uninstalled 4.7 and reinstalled it. Same message that I am out of disk space. Even changed the location of the syn file and it worked once and then started giving the same message.

Stumped!!!

Jeff
    12-22-08 09:55 AM
    I have 64 bit Vista and I don't have any issues. Vista is an HDD hog so you need to make sure you have enough space.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ditto here!
    12-22-08 12:19 PM
    I uninstalled 4.7 and reinstalled it. Same message that I am out of disk space. Even changed the location of the syn file and it worked once and then started giving the same message.

Stumped!!!

Jeff
    I dont know man I'm at a loss on it, only other thing you might try is right click on the short cut or .exe file and make sure its running on Administration rights. I dont even know if it matters or not but somethin to try.

CM
    12-22-08 12:34 PM
    GREAT CALL on the 4.3. Works like a charm. I know it is a Vista issue. I have been using Blackberry phones for years and the only thing that changed was Vista. I am pretty sure Vista on my system, the way it is configured, (even run as admin) will not play with 4.7. So screw em, I am back with 4.3 and it works just NICE.

KW
    12-24-08 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD