I could never dream of doing anything close to this to any phone or electronic of mine but this guy did since he's sending his back for a clicking issue. After seeing this video it makes me wonder if the Ghost Armor I ordered will be there to mainly help with smudging. (Although its definitely still going on just in case) Check it out and lets see what everyone thinks!

BlackBerry Storm Screen Scratch Test
    12-03-08 10:08 PM
    posted already, at least twice actually. not gonna flame, but can ya search first next time? this was actually posted today too

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...-video-107605/
    Last edited by phillypharm; 12-03-08 at 10:21 PM.
    12-03-08 10:16 PM
    Well I apologize, apparently I'm not good at searching.
    12-03-08 10:24 PM
    Well I apologize, apparently I'm not good at searching.
    lol np, searches dont have to be all thorough either, to find that link i just typed "scratch" and the 2 links posted today about the vid test were in the first 7 threads, too many words can make the results too random.
    12-03-08 10:27 PM
    Well I thought the thread was very informative. I might be new to this forum but by no means am I new to forums. This site loves to have 20 seperate threads on shipping times because some people think that since they ordered their Storm 2 minutes and 10 seconds later then the other guy that they should probably start a new thread. Sorry thats just my oppinion.

Back on topic, thats pretty sick. I never got into the iPhone to much since I was a Verizon customer under contract. I didnt know that the screen was scratch proof as well. Its good to know, i'm more concerned with those tiny swirly scratches I have gotten on every other phone i've owned. I'm in the construction industry so my phones don't get quite the happy little home some other owners provide...
    12-03-08 11:03 PM
    Well I thought the thread was very informative. I might be new to this forum but by no means am I new to forums. This site loves to have 20 seperate threads on shipping times because some people think that since they ordered their Storm 2 minutes and 10 seconds later then the other guy that they should probably start a new thread. Sorry thats just my oppinion.

Back on topic, thats pretty sick. I never got into the iPhone to much since I was a Verizon customer under contract. I didnt know that the screen was scratch proof as well. Its good to know, i'm more concerned with those tiny swirly scratches I have gotten on every other phone i've owned. I'm in the construction industry so my phones don't get quite the happy little home some other owners provide...
    only problem tho is that small sand like particles (ie stuff in ur pocket) and glass WILL scratch glass...

so i'll use the cheapo VZW protectors to guard against that, but good to kno the screen itself won't get scratched with keys and such
    12-03-08 11:10 PM
    So a knife wont scratch it but sand will? Im in for a world of hurt once I get mine then. I was planning on putting one of those clear stick on protectors on it. Not sure what brand yet but it would have to be the type that is custom cut to cover all surfaces. I know their are tons of threads debating which brand is best.
    12-03-08 11:21 PM
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news here..but, I had my storm in my pocket...with keys (i don't know what i was thinking!!) My screen now has a pretty long scratch on it! They are NOT scratch proof, unfortunately! Now I'm trying to figure out how to replace the screen, lol.
    12-05-08 01:46 PM
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news here..but, I had my storm in my pocket...with keys (i don't know what i was thinking!!) My screen now has a pretty long scratch on it! They are NOT scratch proof, unfortunately! Now I'm trying to figure out how to replace the screen, lol.
    Can you give us a picture? I'd actually enjoy a well destroyed BlackBerry as I got the insurance(for the screen mostly) and really question needing it.
    12-05-08 01:49 PM

Have you verified that it's your screen and not a Vzn installed screen protector? My Storm came with a Screen protector on it out of the box.

You probably did, so sorry qustion your atention on this but some have reported not noticing that there was already a protecor on their screens.
    12-05-08 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD