Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Will the Storm have the ability to log into a Virtual Private Network (VPN) and act as a terminal emulator? This would be extremely productive for those of us that have servers around the globe and do not want to carry around a PC all the time to troubleshoot issues.

Anybody heard of additional applications that would provide this capability?

HH
    11-18-08 08:47 AM
    Will the Storm have the ability to log into a Virtual Private Network (VPN) and act as a terminal emulator? This would be extremely productive for those of us that have servers around the globe and do not want to carry around a PC all the time to troubleshoot issues.

Anybody heard of additional applications that would provide this capability?

HH
    You might be interested in a remote desktop application for the Blackberry like RDM+
    Download :: RDM+ BlackBerry :: Remote Access Tools
    11-18-08 10:12 AM
    You might be interested in a remote desktop application for the Blackberry like RDM+
    Download :: RDM+ BlackBerry :: Remote Access Tools
    Do you know if there are any free alternatives to RDM+?
    11-18-08 10:15 AM
    [QUOTE=BigVDawgy;989106]You might be interested in a remote desktop application for the Blackberry like RDM+

but does it work with Storm already?
    11-18-08 10:26 AM
    Along the same lines, does anyone know if there are any ssh or terminal apps for Blackberries?
    11-18-08 10:59 AM
    I believe you can VPN with the storm. I think I saw somewhere you can also do the same with the curve.

You will want to check with your IT person. My issue is that the cert will not authenticate correctly with mobile devices.

Supposedly one of the team got it working with the Iphone and was able to VPN and RDP to a win2k3 box but I have yet to see it in action. It should be noted it was supposedly done via citrix not direct from BBos to server.

As for SSH you are going to need a 3rd party app. I have no idea if one is available for mobile devices.

**** Edit - google turned up this MidpSSH | SSH and Telnet client for Mobile devices (MIDP/J2ME) . I am a putty user so I have never used it.
    Last edited by Primate; 11-18-08 at 11:48 AM.
    11-18-08 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD