Does anyone know whether or not the storm is going to replace the verizon BB world? I own a curve but was just wondering if the world was still gonna exist after the storm comes
    10-27-08 11:03 AM
    I've never had a BB or any smartphone device before...really wasn't THAT impressed with what they could do functionality-wise compared to a "regular" mobile device to justify the extra cost of having one. Now it seems like these devices have really matured and vastly broadened their appeal to the average wireless consumer.

I think before too long all wireless phones will have BB-like capability as standard procedure. Seems to be what the market it headed towards.
    10-27-08 12:38 PM
    1. Screen size
    2. Screen resolution
    3. I like touch screen phones.
    4. It has a great deal of functionality.
    5. It looks great.
    6. Appears to do more than the iphone; and don't wanna deal with AT&T
    7. This xv6800 has glaring short comings; after seeing and reading about
    the Storm.

I don't care for the iPhone inability to Cut & paste or nativly open/edit Word/Excel docs.

I'm Locked into Verizon as many friends & family use it and depend on the 'V to V for free' So I couldn't switch to AT&T if i wanted to.

I dropped my Treo 700w afew weeks ago and since then it reboots itself if More than 1 button is pressed at a time on the keyboard or if it takes a midrange bump so I'm in the marke for a new phone' I had also been planning to leave the Palm & WinMo devices behind me when i moved on to a new device this led me to BB.
    10-27-08 03:04 PM
    My family's on Verizon.
    Son has Voyager, wife has Env.
    I almost got Env2, then saw Dare.
    Came really close to getting Dare--would have been highly bummed when Storm came out. Got lucky this time.
    Dare touchscreen sucked--scrolling didn't work; that's what stopped me.
    Texting more, like qwerty keyboard. Touchscreens are cool
    Would be nice to access email, surf the web. I've used friends' iphones and have an itouch--they're pretty intuitive. Hope the Storm is comparable.

Hard to believe I had the first Razr within one week of it coming out (ported over to Cingular then) and paid $500 for it. Swore I'd never do that again, so the Storm price better be reasonable or I'm waiting for at least one price drop.
    10-27-08 10:24 PM
    1. Wanted a Verizon touch screen phone
    2. AT&T sucks
    3. T Mobile sucks
    4. Sprint sucks
    10-28-08 01:12 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD