How can I get an early VIP upgrade? I am at 10 months today. When I called, I was told I would have to wait until January 30th. I want to use my $100 gift card NOW! I'll wait if I have to, but if there is a way to do it sooner, please tell me how. Any CS reps want to help a fellow CB member?
    11-30-08 11:14 AM
    You can't. I tried the same thing. My upgrade date was December 30th, but I couldn't wait that long so I got it the day it came out. I only got a $50 mail-in rebate, totaling out to $150 for the phone.
    11-30-08 11:18 AM
    How did it total $150? I thought it was $250 less the $50 rebate.
    11-30-08 12:06 PM
    How can I get an early VIP upgrade? I am at 10 months today. When I called, I was told I would have to wait until January 30th. I want to use my $100 gift card NOW! I'll wait if I have to, but if there is a way to do it sooner, please tell me how. Any CS reps want to help a fellow CB member?
    Hello!

The VIP upgrade is at the 12 month mark. Usually with the VIP benefit, you will be eligible for $50 off the of the Early Upgrade, you'll have to confirm that with your VIP offer. If it works out that way, you should total out to $50 after the Mail in Rebate, VIP $50 and $100 GC. Well worth the wait IMO.

Cheers!
    11-30-08 12:27 PM
    Looney, did you try a corp store?
    They backed mine up from March 1st with a manager auth....
    11-30-08 12:32 PM
    Talk to the store manager, they have the discretion to allow it early as a lost claim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 12:41 PM
    I used my VIP discount at one year for the storm and they didn't give me $50 back. So I had to pay $319 for the storm, got a $50 MIR, but I am starting to think that I should have got it for $269 with $50 MIR
    11-30-08 01:43 PM
    Hello!

The VIP upgrade is at the 12 month mark. Usually with the VIP benefit, you will be eligible for $50 off the of the Early Upgrade, you'll have to confirm that with your VIP offer. If it works out that way, you should total out to $50 after the Mail in Rebate, VIP $50 and $100 GC. Well worth the wait IMO.

Cheers!
    I have done the math-$50 is terrific! I just would like to do it sooner!
    11-30-08 03:32 PM
    call verizon while at the store, talk to a supervisor and do a bunch of complaining, pleading and threatening to bounce from verizon. Has worked for me int he past but not sure how it will go down with the storm and all.

good luck!
    11-30-08 03:32 PM
    call verizon while at the store, talk to a supervisor and do a bunch of complaining, pleading and threatening to bounce from verizon. Has worked for me int he past but not sure how it will go down with the storm and all.

good luck!
    I'm only 10 months into my contract-the threat would be hollow. 3 ETF's would make it useless to complain. If I can't do it nicely, I won't do it at all.
    11-30-08 03:35 PM
    Def go to a Corp store...or kiosk in mall. Be nice, and explain yourself without getting irrate. Be firm, sight your length as a customer and the number of lines. Retail Reps have the ability to use a managers code to geant an early upgrade.
    11-30-08 03:43 PM
    I got my Storm on an Annual Upgrade. I got the phone on a new 2-yr activation, so I got it for $199.

199 phone
    -50 Annual upgrade (after completing the first full 12 months on the 8830)
    -50 Rebate
    =$99
    Additionally, I brought the silcone case and screen protectors 30% off, as a VIP.

My phone is expected to ship this week.

Note: I am a VIP member.
    11-30-08 03:49 PM
    Without question, go to a corp store... make sure you know the difference. Just because there's a VZW logo does not mean they are corp store.

They do have the ability to grant early renewal. I've used it multiple times but they grant more to the primary line.
    11-30-08 03:54 PM
    I used my VIP discount at one year for the storm and they didn't give me $50 back. So I had to pay $319 for the storm, got a $50 MIR, but I am starting to think that I should have got it for $269 with $50 MIR
    Unless I'm completely missing something here (which is certainly possible - lol), I don't understand why you paid so much. That is more than the advertised price on the internet... Unless you didn't do a 2 yr renewal. ??

As I understand it... A primary line is granted a renewal @ one year. However, you do forfeit the credit when you choose that method even if you're VIP.

Advertised price for 2 yr renewal $249.99 - $50 MIR = $199.99
    11-30-08 04:02 PM
    I got my Storm on an Annual Upgrade. I got the phone on a new 2-yr activation, so I got it for $199.

199 phone
    -50 Annual upgrade (after completing the first full 12 months on the 8830)
    -50 Rebate
    =$99
    Additionally, I brought the silcone case and screen protectors 30% off, as a VIP.

My phone is expected to ship this week.

Note: I am a VIP member.

With the VIP, I was able to get the $50 off after only having my contract for 12 months -- but they told me that is off the $249 price -- so it was $199 minus the MIR, my final price will be $149. -- you are lucky for getting it off the $199 price!

This is after I had to order on Saturday, since I wanted to bypass the Verizon store and buy it from Best Buy, where my friend works, since they were giving away free bluetooth headsets. They got them in on Sat, but found out to qualify for the VIP, 12 month renewal price I had to go to a Verizon store or call rep. Ugh. It has been h3ll waiting on this thing to come in.

I cant wait to get it - you all are making me so jealous
    11-30-08 04:07 PM
    VIP's get $50 off after one year. My price will be $49 A/R once I get it. Unfortunately, my local store is full of idiots. Best Buy is out of the question. I wonder if I can go to the kiosk at BJ's? If not, I'll have to find another store. I wish someone here was a manager who could do the override for me!
    11-30-08 08:30 PM
    Well, anyone here who can do an override? I would be eternally grateful!
    12-01-08 04:37 PM
    So my problem is that telesales says the only way I can get the Mail-in Rebate as an Instant rebate is to go to a retail store. Apparently she was ok with giving me a VIP discount. I'll try calling back again to see if I can get it as a Instant rebate. Anyone else have a problem getting the Rebate as an Instant Rebate?
    12-04-08 06:25 PM
    how long to be a vip?
    12-04-08 06:28 PM
    • You have been on a plan with a monthly access fee of $49.99 or above for three consecutive months prior to the upgrade request and a two-year agreement.

• You have completed 12 full months of service from the date of the last discounted equipment purchase (upgrade or new activation on a two-year service agreement) on a monthly access fee of $49.99 or above for three consecutive months prior to the upgrade request.

• Your account is current, with no past-due balance.
    12-04-08 06:30 PM
    damn ill be there in no time lol thx for answerin
    12-04-08 06:31 PM
    No problem thats straight from a Verizon Email convo i Had. I really want the storm hopefully I can get my rebate as instant. I'm goin to try calling again.
    12-04-08 06:34 PM
    Google "graduate to BlackBerry for an addional -50 rebate "

In fact this may deserve its own thread . Somerobe else do it and post the link . I'm working at the moment

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 06:46 PM
    Yeah I already have my graduate slip printed I believe that deal ended on Nov 30th. Now this time the CSR told me no you can't get a VIP discount on the Storm. Yet the other lady did. Maybe I will just go into the Verizon Store tomorrow and give up trying tonight.
    12-04-08 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD