every other time i try to save a video i get unsupported video format!!!or unsupported file type. it drives me crazy so i called vzw and there sending me a new storm and he said he has never heard of that problem.anyone else experiencing this while trying to save videos you record with your storm?
    01-14-09 02:35 PM
    no problems here. What version are you running?
    01-14-09 02:41 PM
    and what type of video file are you trying to play i know some wont work on the storm at least thats what i have gotten running .75
    01-14-09 02:46 PM
    no its when i hit record on the video player on the storm and after i try to save it i get the unsuppported format message but i found the work around its listed on rimms website which i found here on crackberry.its all good now you just have to hit pause after your done recording then hit the menu button then video file thats it no more messages.im running .75 and rimm is working on a fix for this.it doesnt happen every time but it has happened so im sticking with rimm solution for now.
    01-14-09 05:38 PM
    Mine did the exact same thing, also at times it would not even record video it would freeze the phone. I upgraded to .85 and that helped but I still will get the message "unsupported media type" when I just recorded it off of the phone.
    01-14-09 05:41 PM
    im having the exact same problem!!!! it drives me absolutely crazy. i love my phone but being able to record video is a rather important feature. i tried the suggested fix but it doesnt seem to be working. im not sure if im doing it right or not. storm trooper can u please be more specific with what u do to get around it or maybe post the link to the rimm website fix? thank you so much
    01-14-09 10:54 PM
    I have gotten it a few times when trying to listen to music from the media card...just did the usual...battery pull and worked...probably doesn't help you when you are trying to save a recorded video tho.
    01-14-09 11:00 PM
    that happened to me last night, i tried to save it a second time and it finally saved, but now it won't let me play it keeps telling me unsupported file type
    01-14-09 11:02 PM
    happened to me a dozen times while at Disney World with my daughter this past weekend. Drove me nuts, since I can't get those moments back. I found shorter videos saved fine. Longer ones (over 30 seconds) failed.
    01-15-09 07:18 AM
    before .86 with .76 i didin't have that problem nor the voicenot issue..since upggrade i'm having these issues too
    01-15-09 07:55 AM
    im having the exact same problem!!!! it drives me absolutely crazy. i love my phone but being able to record video is a rather important feature. i tried the suggested fix but it doesnt seem to be working. im not sure if im doing it right or not. storm trooper can u please be more specific with what u do to get around it or maybe post the link to the rimm website fix? thank you so much
    I can help I think; I tried his workaround and it did the trick. (Granted it was just a 7 second trial vid, might lockup on longer ones as mentioned.)

Once you're done recording your video on the phone hit the pause feature (edit: Pause button. What the devil is a pause "feature"?). Then hit the blackberry button and "View Videos" (its a little counter-intuitive). The video takes a half second to pop up along with whatever other vids you may have, but click on it to play. Worked for me.

I'd since given up on that feature on the phone; appreciate the research/good workaround Storm Trooper.
    01-15-09 08:04 AM
    Same problem here...
    01-15-09 08:07 AM
    This is another known problem that RIM are working on!
    01-15-09 09:08 AM
    Mine does this whenever it wants. Would love to have it fixed.
    01-15-09 09:52 AM
    This is another known problem that RIM are working on!
    This is a BS answer from RIMM. I went to the site and searched for this issue. It is a know issue. They say they are working on it. It was lasted updated 12/10/08. OVER A MONTH AGO.

My storm now locks up if I try to record a video. I am tempted to contact RIMM and ask for a portion of my money back. This is a feature that they used to sell the phone, but it does not work. False advertising in my opinion.
    01-15-09 09:47 PM
    tried the fix.. doesnt work consistantly.. im with you jpf
    01-16-09 01:14 PM
    I bought my Storm from BB and went back to their store because I had this problem. I was running .75 at the time and they took out 5 new ones and all had the same problem. Frustrated I came home with the same one I had taken in and then updated to .85 that same evening. I've only had this problem once since then but its frustrating that the one feature I really wanted it doesn't work. I bet if the lawyers got ahold of this they would make it a class-action lawsuit.
    01-16-09 01:19 PM
    i took mine to a verizon store there tek told me it was a known isue and the patch was on blackberry's web sight. have not been able to find it yet going to the store tonight and talk to him again about it.
    01-16-09 02:16 PM
    i was afraid i was the only one with this issue being im using it unlocked.. if my phone is unlocked and using it with att does it still have manufacture warranty? could i call blackberry about issues? just wondering.. also the person who initiated this thread mentioned he found the link on the blakcberry site he should really post it here! meanwhile i'll try finding it, if i do i'll post it!
    02-06-09 01:01 PM
    I was having the same issue. The way I was accessing the video camera was to go to the camera and hit the menu key which brought up the option to switch cameras. Wrong. I went into the video camera through applications folder and am having no more problems.
    03-04-09 02:57 PM
    I am having this problem now. It is so frustrating the phone spent 6 hours with a service tech and nothing works. Not even RIMM suggestion of playing the video works.
    02-21-10 03:13 PM
    I tried again using thye camcorder icon records but won't play back. When I tried to delete the file, I can't because i get the file is still in use.
    02-21-10 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD