Ever since I upgraded to the new OS (.75), trying to record a video for more than a min always goes wrong. It either says, error: this video can not be saved OR my phone will completely freeze while trying to record it. I have 7GB left on my CARD, and i have 700MB left on my storm. What can be the problem here?
    12-15-08 02:02 PM
    Same here. .. Mine freezes after a minute or so. I know there was another thread about it, but don't know if any resolution came of it...
    12-15-08 02:44 PM
    Same random issue here with the video recording freezing. Did you by chance have this same issue with the video recording freezing with OS .65? I never tried to record a video with OS .65 so I can't say for sure that upgrading to OS.75 caused the problem.
    12-15-08 02:49 PM
    Same random issue here with the video recording freezing. Did you by chance have this same issue with the video recording freezing with OS .65? I never tried to record a video with OS .65 so I can't say for sure that upgrading to OS.75 caused the problem.
    On .65, my storm could record for 5 min without 1 issue, now i cant even record for 30 seconds at times.
    12-15-08 02:52 PM
    I have the same issue.
    12-15-08 02:56 PM
    I successfully recorded a video earlier today for 6 minutes. I tried another video recording after that, but it froze after about 10 seconds. I'm hoping this a software issue and not hardware related being that this is the only issue that I now have with the phone.

I spoke with Verizon and RIM earlier today about the video freeze issue and they suggested reinstalling the OS but I didn't have time to try their suggestion. Has anyone had success with the video freeze issue by re-installing the OS?
    12-15-08 03:00 PM
    I successfully recorded a video earlier today for 6 minutes. I tried another video recording after that, but it froze after about 10 seconds. I'm hoping this a software issue and not hardware related being that this is the only issue that I now have with the phone.

I spoke with Verizon and RIM earlier today about the video freeze issue and they suggested reinstalling the OS but I didn't have time to try their suggestion. Has anyone had success with the video freeze issue by re-installing the OS?
    Alright... I will do a complete wipe out on my phone and let you guys know how that goes...
    12-15-08 03:01 PM
    had this problem with .75beta .76...

Also confirmed it on another phone. when finished recording a few seconds it would say no memory card available and the video app would crash.

Also noticed when set up as a mass storage device I could not see the 8gig card.. only internal mem.

I then tried an older 4gb card from my 8830we, this worked without issues... so I then tried reading the 8gb card in my laptop... I could see and write to it just fine. when I put it back into my storm it started working without issue...

I was even able to record my daughters cinderella play in very long clips(100MB files)
    12-15-08 03:05 PM
    The last time I tried a video recording when it froze, I was saving the recording to the device memory NOT to the SD card. So I don't believe the issue is with the SD card itself.
    12-15-08 03:15 PM
    I am trying to back up my phone but i keep getting errors... Trying to back it up then restore but not working...

*UPDATE* Removed Browser Cache and the backup worked fine... Wiping out Storm to see if this fixes the issues with video recording....
    Last edited by amot; 12-15-08 at 03:40 PM.
    12-15-08 03:29 PM
    same thing happens to me.... hope an update fixes this issue
    12-15-08 04:06 PM
    Wiped out the phone, recorded a 5 min clip with no issues. Saved it, tried to record another clip, phone froze within 30 seconds.... Blah....
    12-15-08 04:09 PM
    I'm suspecting a max file size problem with O/S 75. I had not tried to copy a video file to my Storm until after I updated the O/S last Sat a.m.. I've spent the rest of the weekend trying to rip and copy DVDs to my blackberry. I followed the excellent advice given by mattsh33 "DVD to Storm Walkthrough with Pictures," I've used other software, tried different settings etc. etc. The files mp4 files have been between 1/2 and 1 Gig. Every time the Media Manager stops the transfer to my Storm with a meaningless error message "file can not be transferred." About 255+Mb does get transferred, though. Which leads me to believe there's some upper limit in file size that didn't exist before. Any help would be greatly appreicated.
    12-15-08 04:15 PM
    Wiped out the phone, recorded a 5 min clip with no issues. Saved it, tried to record another clip, phone froze within 30 seconds.... Blah....
    Let's hope a future OS update corrects this issue.
    12-15-08 09:47 PM
    **** yeah, a major issue with .75. While trying to record flying jets by my place, the video recording after 8 secs froze up. =(

RIM needs to hire seasonal apple software development employees and let them build a SOLID working O.S for the storm.
    12-15-08 09:54 PM
    mines the same but usually arround 3-4mins, freezes but the timer still goes up, ive had 2 other video issues see pics

the1st is a video ive taken on the storm yet it says thats its an unsupported format

the 2nd is an error just after i finish recording

im using my 2nd storm 9500 on voda running .78
    12-18-08 04:05 PM
    yes let me know because i get the same msg as the 1st picture. when i tried to watch a recorded video some work and some don't
    12-18-08 04:26 PM
    yes, major video problems here to, .75. And apparently BB is aware of this. Im going to assume this will be fixed and not return my Storm. But they better fix it, I cant record, or watch videos on my phone at this time.
    12-18-08 04:30 PM
    RHHHHH!
    I have had this phone for one day and I also have this issue!
    12-18-08 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD